Washington, DC./Maryland/Virginia Head-Fi Member Meet - May 18, 2019 - Gaithersburg, MD
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #137 of 183
Looks like we've got the bigger venue then!

I also hope we can have a bit more time as well

Wow, you guys are the best!

I will reserve the Clubhouse location and make the required deposits tomorrow first thing. You can pay me back at the meet.

We do have solid wood tables in the space that will hold all anticipated weights, I will double check on how many of the those sturdy 8-foot folding tables we have access to, should be four or five, more than enough.

We have to be cleared out of the space by 5:00 p.m. as there is another event that needs access.

The event will now run from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and I will make the required amendments to the announcement pages here and on Eventbrite.

For those of you who have not been to the new location, do take a glance at the impressions thread from the last time we hosted there - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dc-...017-gaithersburg-maryland-impressions.857766/

May 15, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #138 of 183
Wow, you guys are the best!

I will reserve the Clubhouse location and make the required deposits tomorrow first thing. You can pay me back at the meet.

We do have solid wood tables in the space that will hold all anticipated weights, I will double check on how many of the those sturdy 8-foot folding tables we have access to, should be four or five, more than enough.

We have to be cleared out of the space by 5:00 p.m. as there is another event that needs access.

The event will now run from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and I will make the required amendments to the announcement pages here and on Eventbrite.

For those of you who have not been to the new location, do take a glance at the impressions thread from the last time we hosted there - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dc-...017-gaithersburg-maryland-impressions.857766/

Awesome sauce! 1 to 5 even gives me a little time to grab a bite with every one!

May 16, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #139 of 183
I also said I'd contribute even if i couldn't make it so let me know if you guys need a few more bucks. I probably will still not be able to make it but happy to contribute.

May 16, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #141 of 183
I went to look at the space this morning and it looks like they are locking up the folding tables. If you have any portable folding tables, please bring them just in case!

I have one I keep in the car

But if you're paying to rent the space I would certainly ask them about the tables

Some places charge more but some places include them! And I'll use at least two tables for all the systems that I have

But I can condense everything to one it just doesn't look as pretty lol

May 16, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #143 of 183
I will bring 4 30x60 tables... but I'll want help unloading and loading my car.

I can likely give you a hand! I'm getting a little bit quicker at packing and unpacking the systems these days

But if one of those 30x60 is available thank you in advance man

May 16, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #145 of 183
I have one I keep in the car

But if you're paying to rent the space I would certainly ask them about the tables

Some places charge more but some places include them! And I'll use at least two tables for all the systems that I have

But I can condense everything to one it just doesn't look as pretty lol

The issue is that the folding tables are owned by the community association and are locked away in a storage room that we won't have the key for. We should be fine with the tables that Ken is bringing, though a couple of extras won't hurt.

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #146 of 183
Thanks, Ken! We can actually start setting up at 12:45 p.m. as I have to do a walk through of the space at that time. Gives us 15 extra minutes, though we still have to be entirely out by 5:00 p.m.

If were out by 5 on the nose I'll have to start breaking down at 4 lol!

But that all works out well, looking forward to the weekend!

May 16, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #147 of 183
I'm bringing the iFi units as demos, will check to see if they would agree to sell them at a discounted price after the meet.

The xDSD and the xCAN are brand new in the box, the only use they will have on them will be from the meet auditioning. The micro iDSD Black Label has some demo time on it but I don't know how much.

As I mention in a previous post, it is usually best to buy demo units from authorized retailers that can accept payments + applicable sales taxes as well as offer warranty servicing and after sales support. I am not a retailer, have no way to accept payments and am certainly not being paid for demoing, so any support would have to come directly from iFi if they do agree to sell these units.

Totally understood about not being a retailer; for whatever reason I thought ifi was sending a rep as they’re in the area. Were you able to get an answer regarding whether or not they’d consider selling a demo unit? I can call them tomorrow and work it out if you think it’d help.

Regardless, thanks for the time setting up these demos as I was already looking at the micro. Need something with more power for my recently acquired Ether Flow Open 1.1 , the oppo portable DAC/AMP is definitely at the peak of its amplification trying to power them.

Speaking of, I’ll have my EFO 1.1 with the tuning kit and a 4-pin XLR terminated cable for anyone interested. Just got in yesterday! Along with previously stated oppo PM3 and HA2-SE

May 16, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #148 of 183
Totally understood about not being a retailer; for whatever reason I thought ifi was sending a rep as they’re in the area. Were you able to get an answer regarding whether or not they’d consider selling a demo unit? I can call them tomorrow and work it out if you think it’d help.

Regardless, thanks for the time setting up these demos as I was already looking at the micro. Need something with more power for my recently acquired Ether Flow Open 1.1 , the oppo portable DAC/AMP is definitely at the peak of its amplification trying to power them.

Speaking of, I’ll have my EFO 1.1 with the tuning kit and a 4-pin XLR terminated cable for anyone interested. Just got in yesterday! Along with previously stated oppo PM3 and HA2-SE

I emailed iFi a couple of days ago, if I haven't heard back by the end of today I'll call to see what's up.

May 16, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #149 of 183
I’ll have my EFO 1.1 with the tuning kit and a 4-pin XLR terminated cable for anyone interested. Just got in yesterday!
My iPhone case can output 410mW (at 32 Ohms), which is ample for my Ether CX. I can bring these, if you'd like to have a listen to my portable. The adapter that comes with the CX is 4-pin XLR, so you can plug your headphone in, and have a listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back