Watercooler Tour Thread - (New eligible participants welcome PM me for details.) - See second post for active tours.
Apr 8, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #571 of 1,212
Thanks for the shout out man. On that note I just received confirmation that I will have an Rn6 tour unit coming. Also sometime soon I should be getting my hands on tour units of the 2023 incarnations of the Elysian Diva and Annihilator.
Oh Man. So cool; sign me up already for those tours, lol! Still looking for a complimentary TOTL set to go with my Traillii. The Mentor was a candidate but I was left wanting after my week with it, but the Annihilator is still in my mind as a possibility. A week with it would be awesome,

Apr 8, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #572 of 1,212
Oh Man. So cool; sign me up already for those tours, lol! Still looking for a complimentary TOTL set to go with my Traillii. The Mentor was a candidate but I was left wanting after my week with it, but the Annihilator is still in my mind as a possibility. A week with it would be awesome,
I have the MM now, and it's a candidate for me!

Apr 8, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #573 of 1,212
I figure if everyone in front of me only keeps the MM tour for 1-2 days, I might have them in time to compare to the EE Raven release. A man can dream.

Apr 8, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #574 of 1,212
I figure if everyone in front of me only keeps the MM tour for 1-2 days, I might have them in time to compare to the EE Raven release. A man can dream.
If they were, I'd be using those extra days!!!

Apr 12, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #577 of 1,212
Multiverse Mentor is on its way to @wolfstar76, enjoy it!!!

Apr 14, 2023 at 3:26 AM Post #578 of 1,212
Not surprised, it’s an amazing IEM. The thing that lowered the temperature for me was over the course of a full week with it, I just kept coming back to the Bird as being a bit more nuanced in delivering a full soundscape, and (most important for me) at the end of the week didn’t feel there was enough complimentary difference to shell out that kinda coin based on what I already have.

Which is why this tour program is so fantastic. When I first heard the Mentor at one of the CanJams last year it did indeed blow my mind, I was filled with lust to purchase it. But a full week with it as opposed to a noisy, quick CanJam audition left me feeling like I’d have enjoyed it for a bit for sure, but probably not frequently enough to forget about how much it costs. This is all part of my new, “Marie Kondo” philosophy on what audio gear I want to shell out for going forward.

Anyway, the search and enjoyable journey continues. I’m eyeing a few other candidates for sure.

Apr 14, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #579 of 1,212
Not surprised, it’s an amazing IEM. The thing that lowered the temperature for me was over the course of a full week with it, I just kept coming back to the Bird as being a bit more nuanced in delivering a full soundscape, and (most important for me) at the end of the week didn’t feel there was enough complimentary difference to shell out that kinda coin based on what I already have.

Which is why this tour program is so fantastic. When I first heard the Mentor at one of the CanJams last year it did indeed blow my mind, I was filled with lust to purchase it. But a full week with it as opposed to a noisy, quick CanJam audition left me feeling like I’d have enjoyed it for a bit for sure, but probably not frequently enough to forget about how much it costs. This is all part of my new, “Marie Kondo” philosophy on what audio gear I want to shell out for going forward.

Anyway, the search and enjoyable journey continues. I’m eyeing a few other candidates for sure.
When you have a Traillii to fall back on 🤣 but when you do not, your tears stain the outgoing package and you dream about that next TOTL set you get to hear!! But yes, there is nothing like having the full week to really evaluate something like this. There is no better audition possible. I am very grateful to be here and to know how MM sounds! What a great effing week I had with it.

Apr 14, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #582 of 1,212
Custom Art US tour kit received! Should be a fun weekend!

img6689.jpg

Apr 14, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #583 of 1,212
Just received Mentor from @emdeevee. Guess luck is always NOT on my side, I only need to go to my office two days a week and yet during both tours this year, I was not at home when USPS delivered. Otherwise, I will be enjoy Mentor from Yesterday.

Apr 14, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #584 of 1,212
Just received Mentor from @emdeevee. Guess luck is always NOT on my side, I only need to go to my office two days a week and yet during both tours this year, I was not at home when USPS delivered. Otherwise, I will be enjoy Mentor from Yesterday.
Enjoy it, I'm sure you will! Watch it for the right ear piece, it's loose at the 2 pin connection and easily disconnects. Had to constantly push it back in. Probably from a lot of use.

Apr 14, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #585 of 1,212
Enjoy it, I'm sure you will! Watch it for the right ear piece, it's loose at the 2 pin connection and easily disconnects. Had to constantly push it back in. Probably from a lot of use.
You are right, the right side is especially loose and was disconnected upon arrival during the USPS handling. I was taking this baby out for about two hours and the right-side was silent after 30 minutes. The 2 pin connection was again disconnect, and this was happening when I was covering the entire IEM under a headband.

I cannot image if this was happening during a flight and the IEM body fallen out to the floor. It will be a PITA to find it under seats.

However, the Mentor is the most musical IEM I have ever heard. I guess the BCD must be crucial to turn the 10 BA into something else, and the density, the thickness, especially in the Mids, reminds me full size headphone, my ZMF Atrium. I know if Jim heard this, he would call my comparison as "dumb", but I can't help to make that comparison.

Here are some pictures of the touring kit:
20230414_154023.jpg
20230414_154031.jpg
20230414_154056.jpg
20230414_154056.jpg
20230414_154156.jpg
20230414_154203.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back