We must get 3D TV!!!
Apr 13, 2010 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

El_Doug

Headphoneus Supremus
Samsung has put up a new demonstration of the marvels of 3D technology. It has me 100% convinced, beyond a shred of a doubt, that this is the wave of the future!!!

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Apr 13, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #6 of 18
I'm waiting for dynamic perspective 3D that works for multiple simultaneous viewers. The viewer would be able to move their head and the TV would use face tracking to determine where you are. Then it would adjust the display output such that the viewer at that location would see a new image created for the new perspective. Movies would have to be stored such that they can be rendered in realtime at any angle. Presumably such a system could be implemented without glasses for a finite number of viewers.

This probably wouldn't work with true 3D but only with "pseudo-3D" like Alice in Wonderland.

I'm convinced it's possible, it would just take some evolutions of existing technology.

Apr 13, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #8 of 18
Great video!!
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #10 of 18
I'm all for 3D. Some people will make jokes and scoff which I encourage in all good fun but 3D is great and I support it and it does have it's place. I don't agree with makeing 3D of classics like in the way of colorizing the movies of the 1940s but 3D will be a part of the future and future generations will laugh at us for making fun of 3D in years to come so remember that.

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #11 of 18
Wow!

3-D has really gone far from it's red and blue roots. Anyone remember Spy Kids 3-D? Utterly horrendous compared to now, even with it's great succession, 3-D still has a long way to go until i am 100% confident in investing a set.

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #12 of 18
Keep 3D in the theaters, you dont need it at home. Who wants to watch TV with glasses on for hours on end, not me. Maybe if they can come up with a solution without glasses, but even so Im not real interested. HD is good enough, I dont need the people in my room, im happy enough seeing them in crystal clear HD.

Apr 17, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #13 of 18
3D still makes me dizzy and nauseus but according to an article in yesterdays NY Times I'm not alone, not by a longshot. I'm fine with HD, so why watch something that makes me feel seasick?
Does make me wonder if dramamine would work for everyone else with my issues tho.

Apr 17, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #15 of 18
Pure awesomeness!
I sure would like one of those TVs - one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back