Westerville Headphone meet Impressions and photo drop.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #16 of 17
Well, the big not so secret is that I'm building a second, transportable setup since I'm going to be away from home for a chunk of next year. After listening to your Mojo, I knew two things: I like what Chord does and I need better closed headphones than the Beyers because they don't play great with the Mojo.

So the plan was portable planars (because I am a devotee of that ortho sound) and the Mojo to drive them. Naturally I did neither of those. I found a Focal Radiance at a good price and since I heard it billed as a warmer, closed-back Clear, which I thought was pretty nice when I heard it at the meet, I jumped on it. As far as the Mojo...I have no excuses. I pulled a Head-Fi and got a Hugo 2 off the classifieds instead. :sweat_smile:

Hugo's still on the way, but the Radiance...boy what a good choice that was. These are so good and I could listen to them all day both on quality of sound and comfort. The only problem is that now I want to give the Stellias a listen sometime and see what they do better...

Dec 21, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #17 of 17
Well, the big not so secret is that I'm building a second, transportable setup since I'm going to be away from home for a chunk of next year. After listening to your Mojo, I knew two things: I like what Chord does and I need better closed headphones than the Beyers because they don't play great with the Mojo.

So the plan was portable planars (because I am a devotee of that ortho sound) and the Mojo to drive them. Naturally I did neither of those. I found a Focal Radiance at a good price and since I heard it billed as a warmer, closed-back Clear, which I thought was pretty nice when I heard it at the meet, I jumped on it. As far as the Mojo...I have no excuses. I pulled a Head-Fi and got a Hugo 2 off the classifieds instead. :sweat_smile:

Hugo's still on the way, but the Radiance...boy what a good choice that was. These are so good and I could listen to them all day both on quality of sound and comfort. The only problem is that now I want to give the Stellias a listen sometime and see what they do better...
I haven’t heard the Radiance yet but have heard the Elegia and Stellia and the Stellia is much better in my opinion as for the Chord Hugo 2 I think it is better than the Mojo as well it does not have the warmth the Mojo does and that is probably a good thing for some warmer headphone’s and it is a very good Dac as well I hope you enjoy them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back