Westone Audio MACH: Launch Tour
May 18, 2022 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 85

Zachik

Member of the Trade: xMEMS
...is also a Hardcore Head-Fi'er.
Watercooler Travel Team
Hello Head-Fi community. Westone Audio has just announced the launch of the new MACH line on May 12, and I am organizing a launch tour!!

1652905874071.png

The Westone Audio MACH Series™ combines 35+ years of engineering and performance excellence to deliver sound quality the way it was intended to be heard. Every aspect of the MACH Series™ was purposely designed for both superior comfort and sound on and off the stage.

Would you like to audition the all new MACH at home, with your music and your source equipment, hear what the excitement is all about? Are you curious to compare the new IEMs to your existing IEMs, and willing to write a review?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions (or just nodded your head enthusiastically while reading) – sign up for the upcoming MACH tour.

We have a limited quantity of MACH IEMs allocated for this tour, and we are going to run several tours in parallel – both in North America, as well as in Europe and Asia.

The rules for Head-Fi members who would like to participate are simple:
  • To keep this tour running in a timely manner – each tour member gets to audition the IEMs for 1 week. If you might be too busy and cannot commit to finish within 1 week – please do not sign up!
  • Westone Audio expects the tour members to post impressions / review on Head-Fi within 2 weeks of receiving the IEMs. You can post your written and/or video reviews elsewhere, too (please post a link on this thread if you do).
  • Each person is responsible to ship (with tracking) the IEMs to the next person in line. Shipping costs went up during the pandemic… If you cannot afford to cover the shipping cost – please do not sign up!
  • Tour members will need to provide (using PM) their full name, shipping address, email and phone number (for shipping purposes). Those will not be published, but each member will receive the info of the 1 person they need to ship the IEMs next.
  • Westone Audio is asking for your honest feedback. Period.

The game plan:
  • The tour will include 4 groups: 2 in North America, 1 in Europe and 1 in Asia.
  • Each tour group will include 4 reviewers.
  • Each reviewer will receive 2 IEMs – be prepared for some fun comparisons!
  • Reviewers will be selected by me and/or Westone Audio.
  • Last reviewer in each tour group needs to ship the IEMs back.
  • Generous discount will be provided to reviewers who decide to purchase MACH IEMs, as appreciation for your time and effort.

To apply for the tour please post the following details:
  • Your location (City & Country). No full address for now!
  • Do you prefer neutral tuning or extra-bass IEMs?
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review.
  • Link to your other reviews.
  • List other Westone and/or Etymotic products you reviewed, own or used to own.
There is no official closing time for registration. We are trying to get this tour started ASAP. I will update once each of the regions closes to new registrants as we go.

May 18, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #2 of 85
This post will be used to track the tour units as they travel the world...

We are on our way!!! Westone Audio shipped to all 4 first reviewers on May 31, 2022.

1st reviewer2nd reviewer3rd reviewer4th reviewer
MACH 10 & 20 - Asia & AUS tour@OspreyAndy (*R*) (*R*)@hevelaoak (*R*) (*R*)@o0genesis0o (*R*) (*R*)@gikigill (**)
MACH 30 & 40 - US tour@Bret Halford (*R*)@Ceeluh7 (*R*) (*R*)@AudioGal (**)@Precogvision (*R*)
MACH 40 & 60 - EU tour@SoundJedi (*R*)@GRIFONE1973 (**)@Beh0lder (*R*)@kmmbd (*R*)
MACH 50 & 80 - 2nd US tour@John Massaria (*R*)@SilverEars (*R*)@inventionlws (*R*) (*R*)@InvisibleInk (*R*)

Extremely well written reviews by @Dobrescu George at:
https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/10/westone-audio-mach-40-iems-the-golden-age-ba-party.html
https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/10/westone-mach-60-iems-triple-plan-bass-mids-and-treble.html

(*) IEMs on the way to this reviewer
(**) IEMs arrived to this reviewer
(*R*) Link to review or impressions

Last update: Oct. 18, 2022

Last edited:
May 18, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #4 of 85
Frankfurt, Germany
Natural
Topping D30 Pro + SMSL SP400
Other Reviews: I reviewed the Etymotic EVOs on the product page and really like them. https://www.etymotic.com/product/evo-multi-driver-earphone/
I also got the Linum G2 SuperBax cable for them and would compare the MACH IEMs performance with stock/superbax cable. Also EVO vs MACH.
I am in the market for IEMs with T2 connectors as I think they are just quality and feel much more sturdy than anything else. Sound quality is also great with them.
It would be amazing to create my first full on head-fi style review with one of these. Shipping cost would be no problem. Thanks!

Last edited:
May 18, 2022 at 11:41 PM Post #6 of 85
I have never listened to Westone before but have spent a lot of time with Etymotics deep in my head. I'd sure be curious to check out what Ety's new cousines via Lucid are doing...
  • Seattle, USA
  • Neutral
  • RME ADI 2, LGV60
  • Gotta start somewhere...
  • I own Ety Evo, ER4SR/XR, 3SE/XR, 2,SE/XR, 4S and have tried a 4P; I have an ultraBAX T2 I got for the Evos I could try on the Westones too

May 19, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #8 of 85
Hello Head-Fi community. Westone Audio has just announced the launch of the new MACH line on May 12, and I am organizing a launch tour!!

The Westone Audio MACH Series™ combines 35+ years of engineering and performance excellence to deliver sound quality the way it was intended to be heard. Every aspect of the MACH Series™ was purposely designed for both superior comfort and sound on and off the stage.

Would you like to audition the all new MACH at home, with your music and your source equipment, hear what the excitement is all about? Are you curious to compare the new IEMs to your existing IEMs, and willing to write a review?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions (or just nodded your head enthusiastically while reading) – sign up for the upcoming MACH tour.

We have a limited quantity of MACH IEMs allocated for this tour, and we are going to run several tours in parallel – both in North America, as well as in Europe and Asia.

• To keep this tour running in a timely manner – each tour member gets to audition the IEMs for 1 week. If you might be too busy and cannot commit to finish within 1 week – please do not sign up!
  • Westone Audio expects the tour members to post impressions / review on Head-Fi within 2 weeks of receiving the IEMs. You can post your written and/or video reviews elsewhere, too (please post a link on this thread if you do).
  • Each person is responsible to ship (with tracking) the IEMs to the next person in line. Shipping costs went up during the pandemic… If you cannot afford to cover the shipping cost – please do not sign up!
  • Tour members will need to provide (using PM) their full name, shipping address, email and phone number (for shipping purposes). Those will not be published, but each member will receive the info of the 1 person they need to ship the IEMs next.

The game plan:
  • The tour will include 4 groups: 2 in North America, 1 in Europe and 1 in Asia.
  • Generous discount will be provided to reviewers who decide to purchase MACH IEMs, as appreciation for your time and effort.

There is no official closing time for registration. We are trying to get this tour started ASAP. I will update once each of the regions closes to new registrants as we go.
- Newbury, Ohio United States
-I enjoy both, neutral and bass oriented iems
-IBASSO Dx240, Fiio Ka3, IFi Go Blu
-https://www.mobileaudiophile.com/fiio-fh9-review/
https://www.mobileaudiophile.com/noble-audio-fokuspro-review/
-Back in the day I used an entry level Westone. I own the Etymotic Er2se, have used many others.
-I think it would be good to have your product on our website. Thank you

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #9 of 85
May 19, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #10 of 85
Congratulations on the tour and launch guys!

May 19, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #11 of 85
tour application withdrawn

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #12 of 85
  • Your location (City & Country). Oakland, CA, USA
  • Do you prefer neutral tuning or extra-bass IEMs? Extra bass, if not bass emphasized.
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review. DAPS: Shanling M6 Pro (2020), iBasso Dx240, Cayin RU6. IEMs: CIEM: Kinera Baldr 2, Uni: UM MEST MK1
  • Link to your other reviews: Would be my first
  • List other Westone and/or Etymotic products you reviewed, own or used to own: Never used, first timer!

May 19, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #13 of 85
  • Your location (City & Country). Torino Italy
  • Do you prefer neutral tuning or extra-bass IEMs? Extra bass
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review. Shanling M8 Ifi Gryphon -Lotoo dongle
  • Link to your other reviews. Nobody
  • List other Westone and/or Etymotic products you reviewed, own or used to own. Westone Um30 Westone W60 Etymotic er4 xr
Thanks

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #14 of 85

1652905874071.png

The game plan:

North Mia, FL. USA.

Prefer tuning depending on music, mostly neutral.

Fiio X, Fiio BTR5, Zishan XDS, iPod Classic.

Search my profile for post, not much reviews yet. Own UM3X times two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back