Westone or Shure
Mar 22, 2013 at 7:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

nestea

New Head-Fier
Hi, this is my first post on this forum
I'm not new to the "hi-fi" gear ( i've had a pair of etymotic hf3) but now i need some new IEMs.
I've got an iPod touch (new generation) as mp3 player, and the new earpods dont sound bad, but i gave them to my cousin, so now i have nothing to hear music.

I'm beetween Westone 2 or 3 (also um2 and um3x) and Shure SE425.
I like to hear Rock or metal, i also like dubstep, but specially Thrash Metal.

What would you recommend me?

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #2 of 8
Hi nestea

I currently have both the Westone 2 and Westone 3, for your musical taste I'd definitely put W3 > W2, however, I'd strongly recommend getting Comply T-100 foam tips or UM-56 to complement the Westone 3's, without them, I found W3's highly sibilant, bloated and lacked clarity. Can't say anything about the SE425s as I've never listened to them, hopefully someone else will be able to help you with that.

Kind Regards

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
I've got Comply T-100 from my Ety :)
What about the SE-425, are they bad?
And where can i find W3 or UM3X at lowest prize?

imo the 425 arent bad, but for the price, i would go with the 535, imo the sound quality is much better with the 535, but i hate the connector on the SE line, and for the price the w4 are better than the 535 imo

as far as finding the best price, you just have to really look are you looking to buy new or pre owned?

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #6 of 8
I've got Comply T-100 from my Ety :)

What about the SE-425, are they bad?
And where can i find W3 or UM3X at lowest prize?

For brand new, you may want to check out earphonesolutions. They are having a discount this week. Just type in GOLDEN as the discount coupon code to receive 25% off. It's really worth the purchase now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back