Westone Signature W-series W50 & W60
Oct 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #376 of 606
Spyro I do not need to sink to name calling to prove the point that you are an equivicating absolutest who quite frankly should not be trusted to render an opinion as it changes with the wind.

ROTFLMAO!

In 13 years I think I have helped many.  At least my PM inbox would indicate that.  This hobby and this forum is about.....

1. knowing (or learning) what you like in a sound.
  2. Identifying someone that "hears" IEM's similarly to you.
  3. Using their experience to help you shorten the learning curve or money spent.

Unlike many, I never say IEM X is better than IEM Y without explaining WHY I feel that way.  There will always be a qualifier and it is based on tastes.   For example if someone hears the ER4 as warm I could never "trust" that person's opinions because we hear differently.  It's nothing personal or anything.  Unfortunately, your attacks on fellow posters do nothing but clutter up these threads.  Can we please get back on topic?

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #377 of 606
Sub bass extends to 25hz which is as good as it gets for iems usually, but mid bass is louder than the sub bass, so it loses its sub rumble. Mids have amazing timbre, accuracy and realism, the best Ive heard, but I wouldnt call them the most clear mids as they are very smooth and almost laid back. Treble is mainly focused on the mid treble 10k area, with dips in the lower treble and upper treble, thus cant say the treble is the most accurate imo, but it makes for a laid back treble which blends well with mids . I beleive westone has said the es60 is tuned completely differently.

I concur with Trance's impression.

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #378 of 606
Spook...your comments are preposterous!   You had fit problems with the Westone (easiest fitting IEM on the planet) but the Shure was fine?

Golden ears not needed to determine the W60 is the far better option for most.  It's pretty easy.

SE846:  You want midrange total domination at all costs.  Great bass but rolled off treble and a very condensed soundstage due to the forward midrange.

W60:  Same type bass but overall much more expansive sound presentation due to the NOT SO in your face midrange.  Treble extends farther, soundstage much larger.

Nov 8, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #379 of 606
Have to fully agree on the comfort issue. Have tried a great variety of IEMs from $100 to $1500 and nothing comes close to Westone /Star tips. Its soooo comfortable I feel music is part of my body :wink:

Nov 9, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #380 of 606
My W3 broke 6 months ago and since Westone could not fix them it is time to buy a new pair of Westone iem's. I loved the dark bassy sound of the W3 and when I owned them I really felt I did not need any other iem (although I bought and tried many others before the W3, the entire Shure line and TF10 etc). I have had my eyes on the W60 lately until I read a review of the W50, and it seems maybe the W50 is for me because of the dark and bassy sound. When I read the (surprisingly few) impressions around about the W50 people describe it as a W3 with bigger soundstage, which sounds pretty nice. Lately I also read Spyro's praise of the W30. Does anyone have experience of both the W30 and W50, and can maybe compare them to W3?

Nov 9, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #381 of 606
What I can say is W30 is the complete opposite of W3.

Did a impression on the W30 a week or two back.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/683099/new-westone-w-series/645#post_11017757

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #382 of 606
Thanks, that was an interesting read, feels like W50 is the way to go for me.

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #384 of 606
I did (through the Swedish reseller) contact Westone, they just said no 
frown.gif
 I guess the iem's was too old, and too broken.

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #386 of 606
  Could anyone please do a comparison between the W40 and W50?

I just got a really good deal for a brand new W50.

I compared them in my brief review thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/746615/50-iem-brief-review-thread-incl-legend-r-customart-harmony-8-hidition-nt-6-and-aaw-w500

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #387 of 606
  I compared them in my brief review thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/746615/50-iem-brief-review-thread-incl-legend-r-customart-harmony-8-hidition-nt-6-and-aaw-w500

thanks, do you think the upgrade is worth it?

I read from some that the W50 is super bassy, I saw someone even comparing them to Beat Solo product line. I thought that was a little harsh.

Jan 17, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #388 of 606

I read from some that the W50 is super bassy, I saw someone even comparing them to Beat Solo product line. I thought that was a little harsh.

I'm not sure about the price difference, but the sonic upgrade is clear and noticeable.

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #389 of 606
I must be one of those, to me the Pro 50 are not much better than Beat Solo, the W50 are a bit better but not too far off. I wouldn't use them if they were given to me for free. I think they are really that bad.

Jan 18, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #390 of 606
I must be one of those, to me the Pro 50 are not much better than Beat Solo, the W50 are a bit better but not too far off. I wouldn't use them if they were given to me for free. I think they are really that bad.

interesting, I love the W40 hopefully this is not a downgrade O.o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back