What amp/dac would you recommend to pair with Swans M50W?
May 15, 2014 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

oonkb

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, am new here and would like to thank you in advance for all the advise.

Have just upgraded my desktop 2.1 speakers from Logitech Z2300 to Swans M50W. What an upgrade and difference it made! Currently it's rigged to a Fiio e10. Although i'm very happy with the result, was wondering if there's still any ways to make it better.

Would like to ask advises for any recommended amps or DAC for around the price of USD 250 that would better my current setup?

May 16, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #2 of 6
  Hi everyone, am new here and would like to thank you in advance for all the advise.
Have just upgraded my desktop 2.1 speakers from Logitech Z2300 to Swans M50W. What an upgrade and difference it made! Currently it's rigged to a Fiio E10. Although I'm very happy with the result, was wondering if there's still any ways to make it better.
Would like to ask advises for any recommended amps or DAC for around the price of USD 250 that would better my current setup?

You might consider to just keep using the FiiO E10 and spend the $250 for nice headphones?

I'm assuming your looking for some thing with a built in DAC and headphone amplifier?

Might consider getting an Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card (used off ebay, $150)
Comes with a PCM1792A DAC chip :)

You might be able to find a used Audio-GD NFB-15.32 or 11.32 external DAC amp, with in your budget.

May 16, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #3 of 6
Hi Angel,

I'm more of a speaker person
biggrin.gif
I like hearing the rattles that comes with the boom haha.....

Anyway i did considered getting the Asus Xonar but that would mean that i need to dismantle my PC to install it, which i'm not so good at which is why im considering an amp or DAC in which i could use for all my future computers.

Any other brands of amps / DAC besides Audio GD? I've Googled but can't seem to find suppliers selling the items here. Actually i wouldn't mind topping it to USD 300 if need to....

May 16, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #4 of 6
  Hi Angel,

I'm more of a speaker person
biggrin.gif
I like hearing the rattles that comes with the boom haha.....

Anyway i did considered getting the Asus Xonar but that would mean that i need to dismantle my PC to install it, which i'm not so good at which is why im considering an amp or DAC in which i could use for all my future computers.

Any other brands of amps / DAC besides Audio GD? I've Googled but can't seem to find suppliers selling the items here. Actually i wouldn't mind topping it to USD 300 if need to....

It appears that Audio-GD's web server is not working, happen every once in a while.
audio-gd.com
When you finally get on their webpage, you send them an email about what you want and what address you want them to send it to.
and they email back their Paypal account name and total amount need (including shipping), my total (including for shipping to California) was $298.
It takes about 2 to 3 days for them to ship out your DAC/Amp, my NFB-15.32 arrived 4 days after they shipped it out.

Aug 24, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #5 of 6
I just joined the forum to ask some questions about these headphones, I've already sent a couple pms, anyone else out there who owns these? Just a few concerns....

-how is the bass on these, I don't need over exaggerated bass, but I do enjoy a variety of music, including dubstep, reggae and hip hop occasionally. Will these be lacking bass, and if so, can I use an equalizer to achieve a heightened bass without a big hit to sound quality?

- loudness is a bit of a concern as I would like to use these while working around my home on my mobile phone or mp3 player. I don't intend on purchasing an amplifier, but I would like some loudness, what has your experience been in this regard? Remember, I'm coming from inferior little ear buds, which at full volume are more than sufficient, will these match that?

Other than that, I don't have too many concerns, but feel free to let me know any pros and cons I may be missing as an amateur audiophile !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back