What are the best in-ear/over-ear headphones for video editing?
Oct 13, 2017 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Techie Pocket

New Head-Fier
Helolo everyone! I have the Monoprice 8323's right now. But I am a video editor and I would like to know if that is really the best option for me under $40? I bought them because of the good reviews but I did not consider if there were other options :/
Thanks for your replies!

Oct 13, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #2 of 6
For video editing I'd get a good pair of studio monitoring headphones, any of the Audio Technica ATH MxxX line, perhaps the M20X or something similar.

Oct 13, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #4 of 6
The M20x will be a bit of a step up in overall sound quality IMO. If you are looking for in-ear, I would steer you to the excellent SoundMAGIC E10C, which should be within your budget. Really good and quite neutral. I would think over-ears would be preferable for your purposes, though.

Oct 5, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks, m8! I actually would like to get an in-ear headphone over an over-ear one. My question is, is that a good decision? Would it be better for me to get over-ears or the in-ears are fine for editing? Thanks
How much of your editing involves the spatial placement of sounds? Over-ears rather than in-ears, especially budget ones, are likely to give you a more spacious sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back