What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Aug 29, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #97,501 of 137,367
On shuffle...LA Woman popped up...been a while since I heard The Doors...took it off shuffle! :wink:

How about this rendition of “Riders on the Storm”. I believe Ray Manzarek would have been proud.
[The video is black in the middle part at the beginning. When Luna starts playing she appears in that blank spot].

Aug 29, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #97,502 of 137,367
screenshot_20160820_075942676.png

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #97,504 of 137,367
Kicking ass with some southern rock!

Aug 30, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #97,508 of 137,367
Freddy Jones Band_Lucid.jpg

SisterHazelFortress.jpg

@BobG55 I've seen several of Luna's videos. Very talented, very pretty, and she chooses great music to cover. SRV's Scuttle Buttin' is a favorite.

Aug 30, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #97,509 of 137,367
12092234_800_800.jpg
16/44 Flac > KTE Holo Spring L3 > GEL3N > LCD-4

Aug 30, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #97,511 of 137,367
@DLeeWebb
This is the Sea is fantastic!
Mike Scott is a very talented musician.
I recently read his autobiography ‘Adventures of a Waterboy’.
It is a very well-written and absolutely fascinating book.
Highly recommended!
I have a two CD version of This is the Sea which has some great bonus tracks on it.

Hey Strat, Thanks for the information about Mike Scott's book. I have to check that out. I am a long time fan of The Waterboys. I have the two CD version of "This Is The Sea" as well. Footnote: Recently, the song, "The Whole Of The Moon," was used a couple of times during the series finale of a successful serties called, "The Affair" (I think it was on the "Showtime" premium network.) I was amused at all the people who expressed how much they liked the song. I must have been asked a dozen times, "Do you know who did that song from "The Affair?" I said, "As a matter of fact, I do...and the whole album is great!"

Aug 30, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #97,513 of 137,367
Hey Strat, Thanks for the information about Mike Scott's book. I have to check that out. I am a long time fan of The Waterboys. I have the two CD version of "This Is The Sea" as well. Footnote: Recently, the song, "The Whole Of The Moon," was used a couple of times during the series finale of a successful serties called, "The Affair" (I think it was on the "Showtime" premium network.) I was amused at all the people who expressed how much they liked the song. I must have been asked a dozen times, "Do you know who did that song from "The Affair?" I said, "As a matter of fact, I do...and the whole album is great!"
Thanks @DLeeWebb
I won’t spoil your enjoyment of Mike Scott’s book by giving anything away.
It is the best autobiography by a musician that I have ever read and one of the best autobiographies I have read by anyone.
There is now a box set available of all the previously unreleased Waterboys sessions made during the making of the album ‘Fisherman’s Blues’ in Ireland.
That is a tale in itself and is covered in highly entertaining style in the book.
The Fisherman’s Blues box set is on Qobuz 😀

Edit: The boxset is called ‘Fisherman’s Box’. 6 CDs I think.
Another Waterboys album which I really enjoyed was ‘Modern Blues’.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back