What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Apr 6, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #135,286 of 136,985
Rush - A Farewell To Kings
IMG_0009.jpeg

Rush - Hemispheres
IMG_3548.jpeg

Magnavox CDB460-->Gungnir-->Mjolnir 2 (with 5670 RCA Command tubes) -->DCA Aeon 2

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:02 PM Post #135,287 of 136,985
Yes | Fly From Here: Return Trip
1712451716413.png

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:34 PM Post #135,291 of 136,985
Apr 6, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #135,292 of 136,985
bd.png

Apr 7, 2024 at 1:32 AM Post #135,295 of 136,985
From my CD order from Japan, now listening to Santana's Caravanserai (1972 / 2022 - SACD Multi Hybrid Edition [Limited Edition] [Cardboard Sleeve (mini LP)).

Santana-Caravanserai.jpg

First, I just want to say the packaging of this 7-inch mini-LP CD is beautiful. Right up there with my Santana Lotus CD I showcased back in December. Like the Lotus CD, this is also a quad channel SACD, but as I've said in the past, I don't have an SACD player, so I don't get the benefit of that, but standard 2 channel playback sounds good.

As for the music of the album itself, for me, it's nice, but not blow me away nice. Where Lotus is basically the live version of this with Abraxis thrown in, for me, I much prefer Lotus, as it has far more energy. Ironically, I'm not a huge fan of live albums, usually always preferring the studio versions, but here, Lotus is much better...

Santana-Lotus-Complete-CD.jpg

BTW, this is my second listen of Caravanserai, so... maybe it'll grow on me, but for now.... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 2:01 AM Post #135,296 of 136,985
I Pledge Allegiance to The Flag - The White Flag from Stephanie Nilles.

Apr 7, 2024 at 2:18 AM Post #135,297 of 136,985
From my CD order from Japan, now listening to Santana's Caravanserai (1972 / 2022 - SACD Multi Hybrid Edition [Limited Edition] [Cardboard Sleeve (mini LP)).

First, I just want to say the packaging of this 7-inch mini-LP CD is beautiful. Right up there with my Santana Lotus CD I showcased back in December. Like the Lotus CD, this is also a quad channel SACD, but as I've said in the past, I don't have an SACD player, so I don't get the benefit of that, but standard 2 channel playback sounds good.

As for the music of the album itself, for me, it's nice, but not blow me away nice. Where Lotus is basically the live version of this with Abraxis thrown in, for me, I much prefer Lotus, as it has far more energy. Ironically, I'm not a huge fan of live albums, usually always preferring the studio versions, but here, Lotus is much better...

BTW, this is my second listen of Caravanserai, so... maybe it'll grow on me, but for now.... 🤷‍♂️
Follow these instructions and buy a used Bluray player off of EBay, and you can rip that SACD layer into individual DSF files or create an iso that you can play through you preferred music player. I've been doing it this way for a while and is much easier than doing it the old way with my PS3.

Edit: For some reason the thumbnail for the video says unavailable in the post for me. Right click on the video and copy the URL into a new tab and it will come up.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 2:59 AM Post #135,299 of 136,985
Follow these instructions and buy a used Bluray player off of EBay, and you can rip that SACD layer into individual DSF files or create an iso that you can play through you preferred music player. I've been doing it this way for a while and is much easier than doing it the old way with my PS3.

Edit: For some reason the thumbnail for the video says unavailable in the post for me. Right click on the video and copy the URL into a new tab and it will come up.
Yeah, thanks, I've already seen vids and post on SACD channel ripping, and did consider it, but in being honest, it's not really a high priority for me, and to be frank, I'm quite satisfied with the standard 2-channel Redbook rips I've done. Additionally, I don't run a multi-channel setup anyway. But yeah, I know the SACD channel will sound better.

Anyway, I already knew what I was getting into when I chose to buy SACDs; I just like the premium-ness (my word) of some of their packaging and/ or collectability. Those Santana SACD packaging are beautiful (for those that appreciate such things).

Thanks, for the info though :thumbsup:

Apr 7, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #135,300 of 136,985

Users who are viewing this thread

Back