What gives a HP a speaker-like presentation?
Jul 9, 2014 at 11:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

matti620

100+ Head-Fier
Obviously there are no perfect headphones and there are many things to look at, so say I'm looking for HP which deliver speakers-like presentation as my current HD650 do. Which attributes make a HP so? From your experience do some HP successfully sound more "live" than that or mimicking speakers is the best you can expect from HP?

Jul 9, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 3
Typically I find a headphone that has a large driver, is open, and has a frequency response similar to the HD800 get really close. A standing speaker and a headohone typcially sound different when used in stereo because the sound waves travel to the ear quite differently. Something lije the Denon AH-D2000, LCD-3, and AKG K712 are a few I think get close.

Jul 9, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #3 of 3
Depends on what you consider 'speaker-like' presentation.  Are you referring to sound staging?  Are you referring to the kick in your gut from every thud of the bass?

No headphone will provide the visceral bass.  Headphones with relative extremely large soundstages (like the HD800) aren't speaker-like either in their presentation, but they're a step forward from the typical headphone soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back