what got you started towards the path of becoming a audiophile?
Jun 20, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #16 of 25
Being in the gym and going thru 6 pairs of $10 earphones until i seen an open box of ety hf5 for like $40.  I went for it and the next day in the gym i was blown away as i heard parts of songs ive never heard before.  I was hooked (but needed more bass too)

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #17 of 25
My dad was always into good sound and I listened to headphones from as early as I can remember. Like 3 or so.

Always loved music and quality gear. I just cannot get OCD over it all. It is, and always will be, only a reproduction. It will never sound like the real thing. Although with headphones we can get really damn close.

I do not want to be called an audiophile. Just a lover of good sound. I really don't care about those "last percent". I love technology. I don't like listening to gear except the first hours when I get a new toy.

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #18 of 25
Listened to a pair of Bose QC15 one day while browsing around best buy. Thought they sounded great, that was in comparison to my Sennheiser HD201 at the time. Did some research online to find some reviews and competitors to the QC15s just to make sure I didn't waste money, ended up on head-fi.

Now I'm broke.

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #19 of 25
I bought some really crappy earbuds for my laptop since I lost another pair. They sounded noticeably terrible, even with my awful source that I realized that audio mattered.  I asked for a pair of m50 for Christmas and I never looked back. 

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #20 of 25
My V-Moda Bass Freqs (the plastic version) broke and I replaced them with the RE0.

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #21 of 25
Started with AKG 240 many years ago.  My family was loud and I preferred music over listening to sibs and parents arguing.

Years later the   iPods brought up issues with quality, the original buds were less than great so I started my 2nd run of headphone trials starting with Shure moving from lower to higher end.  I have never looked back.

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #22 of 25
Well for myself, I was interested in replacing my earbuds for something better. The more and more I did research the more and more I wanted to spend and the more and more I wanted and now my wallet is bare. Oh well, its money well spent :)

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:
My V-Moda Bass Freqs (the plastic version) broke and I replaced them with the RE0.

I bought a pair of V-MODA Vibe's (generation 2 with the straight connector) on sale from Costco to upgrade from my MuVo's stock earbuds 6 years ago. Half a year later, the cable went out right where the straight connector is and I bought a pair of Sennheiser CX-300's off of Amazon for a whopping $25 USD. Three years later, after my parents continually talked about how gross in-ear earphones are, I finally looked into over-ear headphones and came upon this website while debating between a Beats Studio and ATH-M50....turns out neither one of them suited my personal likings and I happily ended up with a SRH940 instead as my first "real" headphone.
biggrin.gif

*After all of this time, I still use the CX-300 as my "disposable" earphones and I wear them in bed too. People complain about the cable failing, but I have yet to encounter any problems with it.

Also, this thread should be under the General Discussion boards since it's not really about full-sized headphones per se.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back