What happened to the right click functions, and where has my cursor gone?
May 7, 2010 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

grokit

Headphoneus Supremus
Aesthetically the new look is good, maybe better.

But the lack of a cursor in Firefox needs to be fixed, and the fact that "right click" has been disabled while editing posts is totally unacceptable. I can't cut, copy, paste, or spell-correct; that sucks!

The only right click function that was disabled before was the highlight and search in the designated search engine, which was a pain but the only restriction in the old format. Hopefully right click functions while editing and posting will be restored, with the highlight/search function added as well.

May 7, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #2 of 3
I can't find the post where jude said it, but if you hold down the control key in windows or command key on a Mac when you right-click you'll get the normal contextual menu.

May 7, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #3 of 3
grokit, thanks for the feedback. I've relayed your bug report about the cursor to the engineering team.

Because we use a fully WYSIWYG (What you See is What You Get) editor, the right click is needed to be able to pull up image and table properties, cut and paste, etc. However, there is a work-around to be able to keep using it.  If you hold CTRL (PC) or Command (Mac) when you right click in Firefox, it will treat the right click as though it's outside of the text editor.

This is an extra step for folks, but the idea was to provide the power of the context-sensitive menus in the editor (to align images, add borders, color table cells, etc.) but also enable you to take advantage features built in to your browser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back