What has headfi done to me!?
Sep 1, 2007 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

uncletank88

Head-Fier
For years i have been content with my e2c headphones even while i was lurking these forums. But last night, it all changed, I put on my E2Cs after i was listening HD555s for a few hours. At that moment i realized how bad my earbuds sound. Then i looked on eBay to see if they were on sale from that e500 seller and thankfully or regretfully he posted a few more. Well, i couldn't resist and i snagged a pair. I knew this was going to happen. God... sooner or later I'm going to find myself ordering a xin and an ALO dock...
icon10.gif

I swear i am going to block this site.... In fact i shouldn't even be typing this now... *in homers voice* DOH!
tongue.gif

Sep 1, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #3 of 37
You say this now, but you're probably going to be thanking us after you get them.
tongue.gif

Sep 1, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #6 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by tot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And after listening e500's for a while, you will not like 555's ... what's next?

He puts a WTB Orpheus in the FS section?

Sep 1, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #8 of 37
Its same here. Damn you Head-Fi! It never stops. Now i am looking for some closed cans. Where is the end?
confused.gif
tongue.gif

Sep 1, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #9 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, this happens to all of us. See my signature. I started with the Shure e2c. Actually, I started with Apple In-Ear phones. Now look where it got me.

Sure. First I got Shure e4c's simply because of the price and easy availability and I was happy about two weeks before I noticed that the base guitar of "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" was not at proper level. An hour later I had found the ebay source for e500's...

Sep 1, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #11 of 37
Heh, the worst part is that at you'll always say "that will be the finishing touch on my rig, no more money spending!" to yourself, while you already know what you are going to buy next.

Sep 1, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #12 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrispy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He puts a WTB Orpheus in the FS section?

But when you think about it... isn't it best to by the highest end device because your going to upgrade to it anyway. This will eliminate the "upgrade path" and be cheaper in the long run. Ohh crap... look how this forum has me thinking now.
frown.gif

Sep 1, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #13 of 37
It is a phenomenon that afflicts this place, see 'wallet-damage' in sigs. I started that trend.
smily_headphones1.gif

First off my Juli@ morphed into a MicroDAC, now those 580s of mine will magically become 650s by next week.

Sep 1, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #14 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncletank88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But when you think about it... isn't it best to by the highest end device because your going to upgrade to it anyway. This will eliminate the "upgrade path" and be cheaper in the long run. Ohh crap... look how this forum has me thinking now.
frown.gif

But that's true, I am always bitten by upgrading too little and having to do second upgrade soon after. It would have been cheaper to just "go for it" the first time.

I just bought Proline 750's (I needed closed cans) and got the break-in done few days ago, and whilst they are great there are still some flaws and something back in my head is saying something about "Edition 9 should fix that".

Sep 1, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by tot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am always bitten by upgrading too little and having to do second upgrade soon after. It would have been cheaper to just "go for it" the first time.

At least you make other head-fier's happy by putting your 'old' equipment for sale at extremely low prices
rolleyes.gif

tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back