What is the best travel headphone for $20
Aug 7, 2013 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jtom94

100+ Head-Fier
I have 1, uno, just a single $20 bill in my hand that I want to spend on portable headphones. This $20 limit is unbreakable. I study a lot at Starbucks and often times the music in the lobby is too loud and it distracts me even when I have my $10 Sony earbuds playing. My earbuds are overpowered by the Starbucks lobby music. I've been searching and I've found Sony MDRZX100 which is something along the lines of what I looking for. I'm looking for something like the MDRZX100 in the $20 range whose ear cups folds flat so I can stick them in my laptop bag. My emphasis is best bang for the buck. Should I go with the MDRZX100 or is there something better for the price? 

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #2 of 6
I'm fairly certain you're not going to experience an isolation increase with those folding headphones.

There's a whole list of $20 or less IEMs if you're interested, but i can't think of any folding headphones that'll be much value at $20 precisely.

I'm just going to put this here for your consideration. $4 more (Fry's electronics will price match this locally and they stock them), and they're by far the best value in headphone's that i've experienced thus far. They're built really well and tough, and fold up flat or compact.

Edit: I can't seem to find the ha-s400 any cheaper than that.

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #3 of 6
those look like a great option. I might have to break the unbreakable $20 ceiling. Do they fold inwards likes the Sony MDR-V6 or do they fold flat? Do the ear pads cover over the ear or do they rest on the ear? 

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 6
Buy the JVC HAS400. You won't regret it. It is really great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back