What is the size of the drivers in the Koss Portapros?
Jun 2, 2012 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Dafool123

New Head-Fier
I'm in the process of buying new headphones.  I searched the web, stumbled across Head-Fi, and I immediately became interested in the world of Hi-Fi music.  I've found rave reviews of the Portapros and settled on them for the price, claimed sound quality, and bass (I listen to a lot of hip-hop).  This may not be the most audiophile-like question, but what is the size of the drivers in them? There is not a single site on the internet that I can find what sort of driver is in these bad-boys!  I'm assuming a 30mm from the pictures I've seen.  Am I wrong in this assumption?

Is there a better deal out there for the $50 dollar price range?

Jun 2, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 5
I guess 30mm is close enough, gotta wait for an owner of one to chime in...

at that price range you can also try.. the Jays V-Jays.. a little more flimsy in construction but it has a better well balanced sound.. a little less bass though..just a tad less. And it will give you nicer extension on the higher freq and treble, but its not a bright headphone.

cheers,

Dec 10, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #5 of 5
Koss porta pro ARE THE BEST, imho. I've tried so many different kinds around that price point and nothing comes as close. I've tried Sennheiser, but not the model mentioned above, and I am a big Sennheiser fan. I have jogged with them for YEARS! (I'm sure over 20 years, now). I'm currently using a pair of porta pro bluetooth when lifting weights. Nothing 'in ear' stays in so I must use a headband type headphone. The wires running around the bluetooth porta pro is a bit odd, so I've ordered a pair of Adidas RPT-02 SOL. Got a great deal on them, but still more expensive than porta pro. I doubt they sound as good, but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back