what qualities am i gaining/losing if i go from akg k271 to k240 "sextett"
Oct 27, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #2 of 5
The Sextett is more musical and fun souding, with way more bass and less detail. K271 bass is tighter though.
K240 Sextett is warmer and fuller sounding, with a lot of mid bass, especially the EP and MP version.
Sextett can sound coarse (in the treble), the K271 is more refind.
K271 isolates, Sexett don't.

K271 is revealing, Sextett more forgiving

Oct 28, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Sextett is more musical and fun souding, with way more bass and less detail. K271 bass is tighter though.
K240 Sextett is warmer and fuller sounding, with a lot of mid bass, especially the EP and MP version.
Sextett can sound coarse (in the treble), the K271 is more refind.
K271 isolates, Sexett don't.

K271 is revealing, Sextett more forgiving

I heard early akg k240s were built specifically to meet German Institute for Radio Technology requirements. Is this the sextett one of them too?

Oct 28, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBoss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard early akg k240s were built specifically to meet German Institute for Radio Technology requirements. Is this the sextett one of them too?

I think you're thinking of the DF version, which is a different headphone entirely.

I agree with what tieman said, except that I don't think the K271 is really more detailed, I think the details are just more in your face, so they sound that way. The sextetts are actually very detailed, but because they are so full and rich sounding, details are not as loud. With regard to bass, I'd say that they are both on opposite sides of the quantity fence, the sextetts (ep, mp) being on the bass heavy side, and the K271 being very light on bass. K271 actually reminds me of a closed version of the K501 in many ways.

the k271 and sextett may look similar, but they are kind of opposites, the k271 being closed, light, airy, treble oriented (but smooth) and the sextetts being open, rich, full

Oct 28, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #5 of 5
There are many versions of the k240. I haven't heard any but the number of revisions is considerable. You should probably research them all to get an idea of what to look for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back