What to do if an Android phone fails to install security update + misbehaving app
Jan 24, 2019 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

AnotherAirGuitarist

New Head-Fier
I have an LG G7. There is a December 6th security update available, but when I try to install it a message pops up: «The latest update for the current OS version is allready installed» But when I go to «About phone» under «Android securety level» it is clear that the latest security update installed is that of November 1st. The finger sencor has also started acting up. It used to work so smoothly and now it barely ever works.

Today an app also started misbehaving. Unfortunately it`s one of those pre installed apps that can`t be deleted. There`s a message at top from Android system that it is running in the background and it keeps running unless I force stop it. But when I restarted the phone it was at it again. It`s the McAfee safe family app. I have not used the app ever. When I click on the message nothing happens and it won`t go away until I force stop the app.

Don`t know what is wrong. I`ve had the phone for just a little over two months and now all this trouble. Need help from people with Android. I`m coming from iPhone and don`t have experience with Android phones. Do I need to set the phone up as a new device?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back