What to get for sports and running ?
Apr 23, 2011 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

bbross

New Head-Fier
Hello guys,

I am once again calling upon your knowledge.

I am looking forward to buying a new pair of headphones / earphones for when I'm running outside. I currently have the basic Apple earphones that come with each iPod / iPhone. So I guess about any new ones will basically be an upgrade.

I want top quality sound
Not too isolating head- / earphones because I need to hear what's happening outside (cars coming by, etc.)
Something that's going to resist to sweat, while being comfy
Ideally, a pair with apple-compatible remote (volume + tracks control)

Thank you all !

Apr 23, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #3 of 12
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that important criterion. Budget-wise I don't want to put too much restriction.

I'd say anything below 100 EUR will do.

Is that way too much or way insufficient ? I have absolutely no idea. Hence this thread.

Thanks !

Apr 23, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #5 of 12
I use the Sennheiser OMX980 because of the earclips, which really help secure the headphones when on the move. It doesn't isolate too much either. It doesn't have a remote or anything though, just a inline volume control. It's more neutral than colored, good soundstage, and is generally quite capable.

Apr 23, 2011 at 8:46 AM Post #6 of 12
I am right in the middle of my local media store. I have seen the following models that might match my needs :

Sennh. Cx680i or CX880i
Audio technica ck400i
Bose Mie2i
jvc or ifrogz earphones

Which one would you advise me to get, sound-quality wise ?

Thanks !

Apr 23, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #7 of 12
I use marshall minor for running and the gym

pros: fairly cheap so I dont have to cry if they brake ,I dont feel them in the ears ,theyre open so I hear thing around me,ipod remote

cons: the sound really cant compare to nicer(more expensive) phones, but good enough for me for training and such

Apr 25, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #8 of 12
I finally got the CX680i.

I ran with them on yesterday. They are well in place and the sound quality is ok, but I wasn't overwhelmed at all. Only thing is, they're my first IEM pair and I find it too isolating at the moment. I'd rather have something a bit more "open to the outer world". I'll try them with the smaller earplugs.

Regards

Apr 26, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
I finally got the CX680i.

I ran with them on yesterday. They are well in place and the sound quality is ok, but I wasn't overwhelmed at all. Only thing is, they're my first IEM pair and I find it too isolating at the moment. I'd rather have something a bit more "open to the outer world". I'll try them with the smaller earplugs.

Regards

PMX 680 might be your solution then.

May 24, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #11 of 12
I'm in the market for a pair of sport headphones as well. I'd prefer to have the ones with the clip that goes behind the ear and a bud vs. a phone. I looked at the Senn 680i series but there are so many variants and no difference when comparing on their website. Does anyone have any further insight on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back