What type of Milk do you Drink?
Oct 4, 2011 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 262

cifani090

Headphoneus Supremus
Personal challenge with myself and my mom, i rather drink whole milk (better quality, just drink less of it), and my mom likes Half percent. My stupid brother likes skim milk, but whatever, its disgusting to cook with.

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #2 of 262
My wife has been on a serious health food kick so I am currently consuming Almond Milk.

Honestly...it's not bad at all.

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #4 of 262
I was raised with my father drinking Whole Milk, and my mother drinking none at all. 

I drank a lot of Whole as a kid, but stopped altogether for years. My parents weren't sure why. I then tried Skim milk and rediscovered my love for milk. After drinking Skim for years I stopped once again. 

I now drink around a gallon to a gallon and a half of 2% a week. I have a feeling this is where I'll settle. I used to get poked fun at by my friends and family for drinking Skim...and now I understand why. It really does taste like water. 

tl;dr - 2% (and lots of it)

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 262

Quote:
My wife has been on a serious health food kick so I am currently consuming Almond Milk.

Honestly...it's not bad at all.

X2 on the almond milk. We've been using it exclusively for about a year. It tastes good, more like milk that Almonds IMO.

Oct 4, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #7 of 262
Lately, we've been buying whole milk, which I love. I can deal with 2%, but that's it. Anything less tastes like water.

(I've been known to touch up 2% milk with a bit of half-and-half on cereal, or for cooking when I want real milk.)

Oct 4, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #11 of 262
At home I've always had skim milk, on campus I drink 2%. Honestly doesn't really matter to me unless it's whole milk, which I find disgusting.

Oct 4, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #12 of 262
None. IMO, adults should not be drinking milk except occasionally. Milk is really for children. That said, on rare occasion I do enjoy a cold glass of whole milk, preferably from a local farm. I am also an advocate of raw milk usage such as raw milk cheese which could spark debate but all in all, despite the controversies, I am for it.

Oct 4, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #13 of 262

Quote:
None. IMO, adults should not be drinking milk except occasionally. Milk is really for children. That said, on rare occasion I do enjoy a cold glass of whole milk, preferably from a local farm. I am also an advocate of raw milk usage such as raw milk cheese which could spark debate but all in all, despite the controversies, I am for it.

Why shouldn't adults drink milk?

Oct 4, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #14 of 262
None. I've grown lactose intolerant. Sad because I loved a glass of chocolate milk and toast with butter and sugar/cinnamon as a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back