What would you choose?
Jan 7, 2013 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Me x3

Member of the Trade: FiiO Store Argentina
If you have to choose between this five headphones considering sound quality, build quality and mainly what they are beyond how they sound. I mean, there are some products that is nice to have, no matter if they are perfect or not. An old mechanic watch for example, it doesn't matter how precise it is, it is just nice to have one.
(Suppose the price is the same for them)

Choices are:

-AKG K501
-Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO (32 Ohm)
-Beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO (32 Ohm)
-Beyerdynamic Custom One
-AKG K271 MkII

Thanks!

Greetings from Argentina.

Jan 7, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #2 of 7
I am listening right now Puente celeste... nice gift from Argentina

IMO: DT 770 Pro or COP
I like the COP because it seems to be fun to listen,, but I guess the 770 will be more precise for your needs. 

Jan 7, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 7
Heya,

Based on what you're talking about, the Beyer DT880 is one of those headphones that not only sounds incredible, a world class headphone for all purposes, it's also built really well and has a great retro-ish look to it, also very comfortable.

Very best,

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #4 of 7
But Malveaux, the price difference between them is actually huge:

DT880 32OHM is 350$
DT 770pro is ~200$
AKG is 133$

and I was wondering: don't you think neutral headphones are boring for long listening sessions? 

Jan 7, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
But Malveaux, the price difference between them is actually huge:

DT880 32OHM is 350$
DT 770pro is ~200$
AKG is 133$

and I was wondering: don't you think neutral headphones are boring for long listening sessions? 

1. He said suppose the price is the same for them.

2. He made a very good analogy with the watch. He wants something that stands the test of time as being simply something excellent. Out of his list, the DT880 is that item without question.

3. Neutral headphones, boring, exciting, etc, that's all personal preference. I prefer warm neutral headphones that are capable of sub-bass. But that doesn't mean everyone else does. What I think is boring is my opinion. I think the HD650 is boring. Boring to me is a headphone with rolled off treble. And on that note, if you listen to a colored headphone for a long session, you will find that it doesn't sound that colored anymore after several hours. It's all about where and to what your ear is tuned. And it's completely personal.

Very best,

Jan 7, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for your answers!
My experience with headphones is not very wide but as far as I know I prefer neutral headphones.
Do you know how this headphones compare with my Yamaha's Hph-200 or with Grado's sr225?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back