May 22, 2008 at 12:19 PM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ouch: Dude Takes a Tennis Ball to the Crotch at 50MPH for 'Science'

That takes a lot of...guts
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #4 of 21
I would not do that. I'm not that dumb.

Anyway, I would mate with all the most beatifull women in the world in the name of sciense. Death by sno-sno would be good to.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #5 of 21
That is NOT science. It's well documented that heart rate increases in response to pain, and paying moron to potentially damage themselves quite seriously for ZERO scientific gain is hardly a worthwhile exercise.

May 22, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #6 of 21
I've seen an amazing number of dumb stunts on TV (which is why I no longer own one), but one in particular takes the cake.

There was at the time much debate about pepper spray -- its use or misuse by law enforcement, and the fact that some jurisdictions were making it explicitly legal to carry and use the stuff.

So a reporter on some "news" program thought it would be a good idea to have herself pepper sprayed -- in the face, yet -- on camera. Well, can you imagine? Based on her response, I would have to conclude that it really hurt. That it REALLY, REALLY hurt. I immediately felt better informed, more knowledgeable, and even, you might say, enlightened.

Who woulda guessed that getting a direct hit in the face from a pepper spray canister, at point blank range, would hurt? Thank heavens for this kind of quality journalism.

May 22, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #8 of 21
hahaha, no matte rhow low the human race can fall. They always manage to top it.
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've seen an amazing number of dumb stunts on TV (which is why I no longer own one)....

Same here. Movies are fine on the laptop.

May 22, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same here. Movies are fine on the laptop.

I don't have a laptop currently; I do have a Samsung 19" monitor with my desktop. It's (gasp!) a CRT, and it takes up half of my desk. Bit it's based on the Sony Trinitron tube, and it produces the best image of any screen I've ever owned. Movies look great, and with phones on, they sound great too.

When I had a TV, it was like the thing had some tractor-beam-like control over my field of vision. I would find myself watching junk, just because it was easy to flip it on and stare at it. Since I chucked the TV, I listen to a lot more music, and I do a lot more reading. I feel like I've told the Borg to piss off.

May 22, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #11 of 21
I certainly would not do that!
smily_headphones1.gif

Something less painful would be fine though...

May 22, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I had a TV, it was like the thing had some tractor-beam-like control over my field of vision. I would find myself watching junk, just because it was easy to flip it on and stare at it. Since I chucked the TV, I listen to a lot more music, and I do a lot more reading. I feel like I've told the Borg to piss off.

Bro, you are hereby on my Buddy list.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2deadeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would definitely not risk losing my kids.

Just play the DVDs on the PC and get a proper-sized monitor!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back