whats is better for me? m50 vs ultrasone 580
Jan 4, 2013 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Audiofirst

New Head-Fier
So I went to BH photo and tried both the ath-m50 and the ultrasone 580, these are my first nice pair of headphones and have narrowed it down to these two. They are both in the same price range and I just can't make up my mind. I am new to this, so to tell the truth I couldn't really tell the difference between the two. I love to listen to hiphop, pop, alternative, house music, and classic rock. I love bass, so I thought the 580 would be better but part of me feels like it would get tiring listening to all that bass, and the other part of me feels the m50 bass is good enough plus it will be more versatile with other genres. I also couldn't tell because it was so loud in the room but which one of the two is better for noise isolation and seals out the room. I love putting on headphones and the room goes silent. So to summarize everything I love noise isolation, with good bass that I can rock out to and feel like im in the club, but I also love soothing music to relax to when I study(like alot of acoustic covers) . I am not going to buy another pair of headphones so I need these to cover pretty much all my needs. So out of the two which one do you guys think is better for me?

Jan 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 3
just curious but have you listened to the SRH840s?  They are around the same price range and I feel has the perfect amount of bass.  Also the mids and vocals are top notch.  Anyway just a thought :)

Jan 4, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #3 of 3
to be honest, when reading what you said up there it sounds like you want the M50 as I didn't really see you say anything good about the hifi580.

Either way, my vote is for you to bring your selections of music (if they let you) and have a longer listening session.  Take your time and test the isolation that you want, the bass on the SPECIFIC songs you listen too, etc.  It sounds like you know what you want and to me only testing it will tell which one you want.  Forget about everything and trust what you hear and be realistic about the setting and how you are going to listen to these headphones.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back