What's your foobar2000 setup?
Apr 24, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #436 of 527
Need serious help here.

I ripped CDS using EAC to wav........sound pretty good but not wow wow fantastic to me.
So thinking is the problem with my laptop sound card?

Or will ripping CDs to wav with Foobar do the trick? i tried google and followed the instruction...gives me errors!! Even converting to flac gives me errors!!!!:frowning2:
Playing with Foobar makes my CDs sound wayyyy better.

Help help,

L3000.gif
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #437 of 527
I'm pretty new to Foobar and just starting to tweak mine and get frustrated. I decided to copy what I have to my laptop so I can play with my config on the go and it got me thinking. Whats the best way to learn something? learn by example!

I thought it would be cool to have copies of peoples Foobar install directories (Portable install) and run them and check out the cool options/tweaks out there people have done. 

Would you be up for sharing your install folder? 

May 10, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #438 of 527

After modifying for many time, I eventually used this as my latest version of foobar2k layout. I wonder if I can change the window border to black without having to skin the whole thing

May 15, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #439 of 527
I wonder if anyone use dual pc setup, with control pc in core mode running foobar possible ?

Jun 20, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #441 of 527
Does anyone know how to get Korean characters / symbols to show up in Foobar? Normally Foobar displays any symbols that my Windows OS natively displays (and it displays Korean just fine) but for some reason I cannot get the Korean symbols to display properly within Foobar. Any ideas?

- InsanityOne 
k701smile.gif

Jun 20, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #442 of 527
  Does anyone know how to get Korean characters / symbols to show up in Foobar? Normally Foobar displays any symbols that my Windows OS natively displays (and it displays Korean just fine) but for some reason I cannot get the Korean symbols to display properly within Foobar. Any ideas?

- InsanityOne 
k701smile.gif

sounds very weird.
I used to play haruka nakamura albums (with japanese titles) and it works just fine.
Some users suggests to use foo_masstag_addons

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_masstag

Jun 20, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #443 of 527
  sounds very weird.
I used to play haruka nakamura albums (with japanese titles) and it works just fine.
Some users suggests to use foo_masstag_addons

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_masstag

Yes I have several albums from Japan as well and they display just fine. I just find it odd that Windows 10 displays the Korean characters fine but Foobar2000 cant? Could it be because I am not using the very latest version of Foobar2000? I think I am using a 2015 version alongside the latest version of the "Fusion Beta" skin pack.

- InsanityOne 
L3000.gif

Jun 20, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #444 of 527
  Yes I have several albums from Japan as well and they display just fine. I just find it odd that Windows 10 displays the Korean characters fine but Foobar2000 cant? Could it be because I am not using the very latest version of Foobar2000? I think I am using a 2015 version alongside the latest version of the "Fusion Beta" skin pack.

- InsanityOne 
L3000.gif

well, you should try to install the latest version. you can try installing it as a portable app on your desktop and check if the problem persist.

Jun 20, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #445 of 527
  well, you should try to install the latest version. you can try installing it as a portable app on your desktop and check if the problem persist.

I just did that and unfortunately Korean characters still did not display properly. What a disappointment. They also do not display properly on PowerAmp on my Android device. Perhaps it is just a problem with the tags on this particular album? Although, I have never heard of someone displaying Korean text in Foobar2000 anyways, only Japanese.

- InsanityOne 
dt880smile.png

Jun 22, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #447 of 527
  I just did that and unfortunately Korean characters still did not display properly. What a disappointment. They also do not display properly on PowerAmp on my Android device. Perhaps it is just a problem with the tags on this particular album? Although, I have never heard of someone displaying Korean text in Foobar2000 anyways, only Japanese.

- InsanityOne 
dt880smile.png

Chinese would have the same issue. I believe it's more of an ID3 tag issue than foobar2000 problem. You can try fixing ID3 tag's character set and see if it helps. The plugin you can try, for fixing tags, is http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_chacon. Good luck.

Jun 22, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #448 of 527
  Chinese would have the same issue. I believe it's more of an ID3 tag issue than foobar2000 problem. You can try fixing ID3 tag's character set and see if it helps. The plugin you can try, for fixing tags, is http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_chacon. Good luck.

Thanks for this. Maybe I will give that a try at some point!

- InsanityOne 
dt880smile.png

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #449 of 527

- InsanityOne 
dt880smile.png

Korean and Chinese worked for me since always (as in 2011)

Jun 23, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #450 of 527

Korean and Chinese worked for me since always (as in 2011)

Interesting... Maybe it really is just an ID3 tag issue then? I will have to try out some things and see what I can make of it.

- InsanityOne 
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back