Where and how do I get the highest quality bit rate files?
Feb 19, 2012 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

basketball

500+ Head-Fier
Hi head-fiers
I am fairly new to this forum and have some questions about my music files. 
Where do I get the highest bit rate files like the 320kbps ones? 
Is there any program that can upgrade the sound quality of my files? 
I own a MacBook if that helps. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

Feb 19, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #2 of 5
You can't recover lost data from lossy files. There's nothing that can upgrade the sound quality. What's lost is lost for good.

To get the highest bit rate files, buy CDs or lossless files, then rip/encode them to whatever bit rate you want.

Feb 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #3 of 5
The best way to get high quality files is to rip the files from CD into a lossless format, such as FLAC or ALAC (Apple Lossless).

320 kbps MP3 files are lossy files, and are, in principle, inferior to lossless files with respect to sound quality.

The sound quality of your files cannot be improved. That is, once a file has been encoded in a lossy format, e.g., 320 kbps MP3, that is the best that file will ever sound. By converting to lossy formats, certain information is discarded, and that information cannot be recovered, except from the original lossless file.

I believe Amazon and Google sell high bit rate MP3 files. Apple's iTunes Store sells high bit rate MP4 files.

Feb 19, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 5
iTunes. period. like they all said. CD ripped would be a great way. but highest?..hmm vinyls or 24bit by 192KHz or even 382KHz files are pretty high i guess.

but in all honesty. iTunes's 256kbps AAC files are really the best easy way to get high quality files. like jaywlakd3r and i knew fromt eh ABX thread/s...most can't tell the difference

Feb 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #5 of 5
The best way to get high quality files is to rip the files from CD into a lossless format, such as FLAC or ALAC (Apple Lossless).
320 kbps MP3 files are lossy files, and are, in principle, inferior to lossless files with respect to sound quality.
The sound quality of your files cannot be improved. That is, once a file has been encoded in a lossy format, e.g., 320 kbps MP3, that is the best that file will ever sound. By converting to lossy formats, certain information is discarded, and that information cannot be recovered, except from the original lossless file.
I believe Amazon and Google sell high bit rate MP3 files. Apple's iTunes Store sells high bit rate MP4 files.

Ok I will try that.

Thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back