Where can I buy shure olive foams
Feb 28, 2008 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

kodreaming

500+ Head-Fier
I got my ER-4P last week.The ety's foams are not very confortable.
It seems that a lot ppl use Shure olive foams with their ER-4P.
But,where can I buy some of those ?

Thanks

Feb 29, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #4 of 17
I am confused now. Are there any differences between black , orange or olive foams ,other than colors ?

Does the comply foams for UM1 fit the ER-4P ?\

Thanks...

Mar 11, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #7 of 17
Okay..............I've looked in the Ebay store referenced in Post #3, and I've gone to the Shure website, but I still can't tell exactly WHICH iem Sleeves are the 'Shure Olive Foams'.

"Black Soft Flex Sleeves" or "Black Foam Sleeves", please?

I'm sure that it's all a matter of terminology, but would anyone be willing to tell me which, precisely, is the part number that we are talking about in this thread? A reference to either of these sites would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks.............Frank

Shure - Sleeves

eBay Store - iDealSound: Shure Eartips: Shure EarTips Tips E1 E2 E3 E4 E5 E1c E2c E3c E4c E5c

Mar 11, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #8 of 17
Just get them from HeadRoom.com Don't get the orange ones though as they are for the older shure models and won't fit the Etys. You're looking for the black ones for the SE models.

Mar 11, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank_Zuccarini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay..............I've looked in the Ebay store referenced in Post #3, and I've gone to the Shure website, but I still can't tell exactly WHICH iem Sleeves are the 'Shure Olive Foams'.

"Black Soft Flex Sleeves" or "Black Foam Sleeves", please?

I'm sure that it's all a matter of terminology, but would anyone be willing to tell me which, precisely, is the part number that we are talking about in this thread? A reference to either of these sites would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks.............Frank

Shure - Sleeves

eBay Store - iDealSound: Shure Eartips: Shure EarTips Tips E1 E2 E3 E4 E5 E1c E2c E3c E4c E5c

Its the 'Black Foam Sleeves' that people mean when they refer to 'Olive Foams', because they look like olives at a distance - so buy anything that looks like this

Shure - Black Foam Sleeves for Earphones

and you haven't gone far wrong.

Mar 11, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #10 of 17
Thank-you, Legin, for giving me the answer that I was seeking.

Both the "Black Soft Flex Sleeves" or "Black Foam Sleeves" look like olives to me, so I could never tell which everyone was referring to. In fact, the black soft flex sleeves look even MORE like olives to me.

Again, thanks.............Frank

Mar 11, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank_Zuccarini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank-you, Legin, for giving me the answer that I was seeking.

Both the "Black Soft Flex Sleeves" or "Black Foam Sleeves" look like olives to me, so I could never tell which everyone was referring to. In fact, the black soft flex sleeves look even MORE like olives to me.

Again, thanks.............Frank

If your olives look like Shure soft flex sleeves, You need to buy fresher olives...

Mar 11, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #12 of 17
If you are in the US, support earphone solutions, which are cheap as! If you are outside US, idealsound (discountheadphones.com) is the only way due to the free worldwide shipping.

Mar 11, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #13 of 17
Thought olive was the color of the foam. :-X

I haven't bought those yet. But I just tried the UM1's comply tip.
They are a lot more conformable than Ety's foams !

Mar 11, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by kodreaming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thought olive was the color of the foam. :-X

I haven't bought those yet. But I just tried the UM1's comply tip.
They are a lot more conformable than Ety's foams !

Yep, the comply's are more comfy but will not last anywhere close to how long the Shure black foams will last!...One pair can last you around 6 months of daily use!

Don't make the same mistake as me and wash them (even though Shure says you can!!!), just wipe them down often, do not submerge them in liquid as they will lose elasticity instantly!

Mar 12, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #15 of 17
Actually what I should have maybe said was that you should buy the Shure Black Foam Eartips for models E3c E4c & E5c with the designation number PA910S or PA910M or PA910L for Small , Medium or Large. Those will fit on your Etymotics perfectly - a little tight, but once you have the barrel of the Etymotics inside the plastic liner of the Shure tips they just glide on real easy.

Now then - currently I wouldn't recommend that you buy from Idealsound on eBay, otherwise known as Discount Headphones.com. Until now I've been perfectly happy to recommend them, however I have 2 outstanding orders with them that they say have been dispatched and so far I haven't yet received them - even though normally I would have taken delivery a week ago. Looking at their eBay feedback they seem to be having lots of problems completing delivery and many people are complaining of either late delivery or total failure to deliver or reply emails inquiring when orders will be dispatched or will arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back