Where or how do you guys get songs to your DAPs?
Feb 16, 2018 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

klaimzlgd

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, was wondering where everyone would generally purchase or download these high quality files from. I used to rip it from CD for my ipod Classic but with the introduction to the music streaming services, I haven't touched my Ipod much since, now I'm looking to purchase a DAP in the future but still uncertain to where or how I would get hold of those quality sources

Feb 17, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #4 of 9
Most of my stuff on my Pono is CD ripped to wave or FLAC. I found hi-Rez downloads to be mixed bag. Some sound amazing, some sound no better than a CD. Some sound worse.

Feb 17, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #6 of 9
I buy 90% of my collection in physical CD format, normally from Amazon. I rip them using dbPoweramp into both FLAC and 320kbps MP3 then CDs go into storage.

Remainder I'll usually just buy from iTunes if in Mastered For iTunes format, some I'll have to settle for normal MP4.

I have trials of Deezer HiFi and Spotify Premium but haven't really used them much yet. Their cataloging is atrocious for lots of artist albums. I won't do Tidal because I don't want to give money to Jay-Z. I am also considering Roon to further enhance my collection.

I also browse the hi-res sites to purchase albums but often it turns out they are not available to purchase for Canadian customers which is frustrating. I will also sometimes buy albums directly from an artist's site in WAV (if offered) then convert to FLAC/MP3.

Feb 17, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #7 of 9
I buy CDs still and then rip to WAV then transfer my files to player of choice.

I don’t care for 24/96 and I don’t like compressed mp3s so I’m happy with my lossless 16/44.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back