Which cable for Hifiman Deva Pro?
Nov 21, 2021 at 10:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lumzi23

Head-Fier
Hello,

I want to get a Hifiman Deva Pro but I am unsure about the cable. Would a standard cable like this work?

On the Hifiman page (you have to scroll down a bit), it says it can accommodate a dual-sided unbalanced 3.5mm cable and a single-sided 3.5mm balanced cable. In the same place, it shows a picture of a Dual 3.5 mm TRS cable and a Single 3.5 mm TRRS cable. But I don't understand about balanced or unbalanced cables but according to what I have seen on the internet TRS cables are balanced NOT unbalanced. Please help.

Also what cables do the headphones come with? Dual TRS or Single TRRS?

Edit: I just noticed that this might be the wrong place for this. Should I recreate this in Help & Recommendations Forum or can a mod move it if they have the power?

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #2 of 5
That cable with work. The Deva Pro comes with a dual cable with a TRS (single-ended aka "unbalanced") termination. TRRS is "balanced"

Nov 21, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 5
That cable with work. The Deva Pro comes with a dual cable with a TRS (single-ended aka "unbalanced") termination. TRRS is "balanced"
Thank you very much. Do you mean "will work?" What do you mean by single-ended?

This site says that TRS is balanced. Are they wrong or am I missing something?

Once again thank you for your help.

Nov 21, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 5
Yes, will work. Singled-ended = "unbalanced". In headphone audio balanced connections will be TRRS, singled-ended are TRS.

Your link is talking about mono connections, not stereo, which is why there is a discrepancy

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #5 of 5
Yes, will work. Singled-ended = "unbalanced". In headphone audio balanced connections will be TRRS, singled-ended are TRS.
So it can be different in other audio areas like speakers. Thank you very much for your help.

Edit:
Your link is talking about mono connections, not stereo, which is why there is a discrepancy
Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back