Which DAP has the best measurements?
Mar 27, 2013 at 8:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

uchihaitachi

Headphoneus Supremus
Thinking of getting a new portable source gear. Anybody know which DAP has the best measurements for

1. frequency response
2. distortion
3. noise
4. time based errors

Mar 27, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:
I'm not sure if it ACTUALLY has the best measurements...but it sure sounds like it...DX100.

To be fair, the DX100 seems to be the only reasonable so called 'audiophile' grade DAP.... But then has anybody actually tested it?

Mar 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:
To be fair, the DX100 seems to be the only reasonable so called 'audiophile' grade DAP.... But then has anybody actually tested it?

I am sure iBasso has measurements but I assume you want an independent measurement. I haven't seen any but as above, it sound very neutral to me and reaches high and low in the frequency spectrum.

Mar 28, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #5 of 13
It's just so frustrating that none of these supposed 'high-end' players never provide objective measurements as they will reveal the truth about their SQ. I saw the RMAA output for the Tera, better than the clip just but by near inaudible margins but quite below listening thresholds....

Mar 28, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #8 of 13
this again? measurement as replacement for listening impression? AGAIN? when several audio people have said that there are stuff that the measurement doesn't include?

Mar 28, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:
this again? measurement as replacement for listening impression? AGAIN? when several audio people have said that there are stuff that the measurement doesn't include?

You do realise that everybody at AES would disagree with you.

Mar 28, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Anyways you are entitled to your beliefs and I don't want to get into this debate. I was just curious which DAP has the best measurement and just that.

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #13 of 13
So far budget MP3 players i heard, few standout due to better resolution, less noise and overall higher end soundquality like Zune 120GB, Toshiba Gigabeat, iRiver H10, Sony X series walkmen, Cowon X7 and Creative Zen Vision M are very good sounding MP3 players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back