Which Headphone has been the hardest to acquire
Jul 7, 2006 at 4:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

GoRedwings19

Headphoneus Supremus
From headfiers own experiences, I was wondering what headphones has been the hardest or you are still seeking to add to your headphone collection. Whether it be due to price, availabilty, condition etc.

My top three.

1 Rs-1 gold lettering and brown headband *never did get these in the end*. I must of counted probably about 5 times at least when I have been so close but at the same time so faraway. The one that annoyed me the most was the ebay one for an NOS pair with wooden box that I "won" and then the seller wanted $140 shipping on top of the final winning bid by me.

2 w11jpn, I had to wait so long as before they were not well known and they rarely popped up.

3 he60, The problem to acquiring these I found was that everytime they came up they were gone straight away.

Jul 7, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #3 of 42
K1000. Just "acquired" it yesterday
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #4 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
K1000. Just "acquired" it yesterday
smily_headphones1.gif

That means he stole it
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #7 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling
There have been an number of w11jpns on Yahoo Japan in the last several months, so I don't think that belongs with the other two. The w2002 might actually be a bit harder to acquire. The HP1000 has also been pretty hard to get ahold of.

Sorry I should of phrased it better, I meant from headfiers own personal experiences. I will edit my original post to reflect this.

Jul 7, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #9 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Sorry I should of phrased it better, I meant from headfiers own personal experiences. I will edit my original post to reflect this.

Oh, ok - cool. That's a much more interesting topic!

That would make mine the w2002 and hp1000 for sure. I remember I must have had 5 or 6 pairs of w2002's slip through my fingers (either lost Yahoo Japan! auctions or too late on a private sale) before I finally landed my first pair. At one point I was sure I was cursed to never own the w2002. Even then I had to buy it as a package deal with an amp; seller wouldn't split it up, which ended up being a good thing anyways. I had that first pair stolen, but luckily I'd recently landed a nearly new 2nd pair SUPER cheap on a Yahoo Japan auction with a buyout price (pure luck) - so I've still got one. The 2nd one didn't come with a case but still got the case from the first one so I suppose all is well.

HP1000 - I got lucky with my first hp2 for $650 but stupidly sold it. Then I got outbid a couple times trying to get another pair this year. Ended up landing an hp2 with the super duper cable, but it cost me dearly. That's the only headphone I've re-bought after selling.

The L3000 wasn't bad since I got mine when they were still plentiful.

Jul 7, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #10 of 42
There are a few I'd sure like to get my hands on.

First on the list would be one of the rare Grados- like the HP-1000 or the PS-1. I've heard so many good things about them, and I've become a fan of the company. I'll keep an eye out, and I'm sure one will turn up sooner or later.

Second on the list would be either the Orpheus or the baby Orpheus. Again, so many rave reviews I'd like to have one.

I might look into the rare Audio Technicas and Qualias some day, but they haven't grabbed my interest the way the ones above have.

Jul 7, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #11 of 42
Finding most rare headphones is easier than you think.

1. Put some jpop under a box with a stick holding it up.

2. Wait patiently for jjcha to come along. Shouldn't take long if there's jpop involved.

3. Raid apartment.

Jul 7, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #13 of 42
For me personally it would be the W10VTG. After having been outbidded 4 times for three sets that were in excellent condition and one including it's original box all within the $500+ USD range, I finally managed to score a pair for less than what I've would have paid for the ones I had lost earlier.

Jul 7, 2006 at 6:20 AM Post #15 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Finding most rare headphones is easier than you think.

1. Put some jpop under a box with a stick holding it up.

2. Wait patiently for jjcha to come along. Shouldn't take long if there's jpop involved.

3. Raid apartment.

Make that some "crappy" jpop and I'm there, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back