Which headphones under 40€?
Nov 30, 2017 at 4:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

zioroby6

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm going to purchase my first pair of chinese headphones soon and most likely need an advice! I'm already into chi-fi, since I purchased several IEMs, but I'm open to any kind of suggestion. I don't care much about open/closed back and would use them for casual music listening, tv series and movies, gaming.

That being said, I came across these models:

Superlux HD668b (which I would pay 20€ on Amazon.it for having a coupon),
Superlux HD662 Evo (30€ on Ali, with the risk of paying customs),
Superlux HD681 Evo (40€ on Amazon.it, these seem to be running out of stock everywhere),
Samson RS850 (19€ on Amazon.it with same coupon),
AKG K52 (25€ on Amazon.it with coupon, not real chi-fi, but good reviews).

The main competitors seem to be HD668b and RS850, which are sort of brothers as I could understand. RS850 comes with velour pads and normal head-band, while the HD668b has strange band shape and would probably need new pads, it has higher impedance, but detachable cable. I still don't have any amp/dac (I'm not an audiophile, but might get a beginner one in the future), so lower impedance should be better in my case...

I can't make up my mind, so any help would be appreciated, even if you provided different models than those on the list. Thank you in advance!

P.S.: Sorry for my English, but as you could understand I'm from Italy...

P.P.S.: To the mods, sorry for cross-posting, but I guess that this sub-forum should be better for buying advices.

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 3
From the list you gave I would go with the 668B (over the Samson). It's my understanding they are basically the same, but if given the choice between having to change the pads or a non-removeable cable, pad swaps are EASY...converting from a non-removeable cable is a pain in the butt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back