Which HiFiMAN headbands are the same size?
Jan 27, 2022 at 7:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kazaakas

100+ Head-Fier
So I have to confess a serious sin, over the last few years, which included lots of travelling, I have truly busted up my Fostex TH-x00's. The paint on the headband and hangers had been peeling off for a while, and ultimately the headband snapped at the joint, like so many others.

So what does this stuff have to do with HiFiMAN headbands? Well, lucky for me, it is described here that you can 3D print alternative baffles that fit HiFiMAN hangers, allowing you to replace the entire headband+hangers. This really makes me want to revive these wonderful cans. Since just about the only things still in good condition are the drivers and the wood ear cups, this mod hat would exactly replace all problematic parts of the headphone, especially because I disliked the stock headband anyway.

Thing is, the headband in question that is suggested is not for sale anymore. So I was wondering, what other HiFiMAN headbands can I use with this? For example, this store has the H400i one available, but not the HE560 that is suggested. I'm wondering if it's just the text on it or whether there are size differences. The hifiman site implies they're the same, but only for the v1 version of the HE650, not the v2...

Would greatly appreciate some insights.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #2 of 2
So I have to confess a serious sin, over the last few years, which included lots of travelling, I have truly busted up my Fostex TH-x00's. The paint on the headband and hangers had been peeling off for a while, and ultimately the headband snapped at the joint, like so many others.

So what does this stuff have to do with HiFiMAN headbands? Well, lucky for me, it is described here that you can 3D print alternative baffles that fit HiFiMAN hangers, allowing you to replace the entire headband+hangers. This really makes me want to revive these wonderful cans. Since just about the only things still in good condition are the drivers and the wood ear cups, this mod hat would exactly replace all problematic parts of the headphone, especially because I disliked the stock headband anyway.

Thing is, the headband in question that is suggested is not for sale anymore. So I was wondering, what other HiFiMAN headbands can I use with this? For example, this store has the H400i one available, but not the HE560 that is suggested. I'm wondering if it's just the text on it or whether there are size differences. The hifiman site implies they're the same, but only for the v1 version of the HE650, not the v2...

Would greatly appreciate some insights.
I'm pretty sure the 400i headband is the same as the 560 - like you said, just the printing is different
Some of the later models of the 560 use different headbands - one is a Sundara type, the other Deva. I imagine they'd work too with the earcups still being the same size - although I'd personally recommend the 400i type just for the sake of having full swivel

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back