Which IEM is the best for my musical taist
Feb 24, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #4 of 10
In that list, for both I'd say the W4 is your best bet...  However, for clarity, I don't think you can be the Etymotic models :p 

Feb 24, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #7 of 10
Stay away from shure, the I have the se535, the soundstage is great but the details are so-so, the se535 with their forward midrange push the music in your face but not the details themselves, the sound doen`t carry much information, its hard to put into words, but they skip over a lot of micro details, still nice sounding but maybe not what you`re looking for, I recommend the PFE232`s, they effortlessly portray fast music, with great speed and detail but also bass impact, soundstage width was probably the best out of all the iem`s I have tried (including ie8), and depth was great too but not as good as ie8`s/fx700, isolation is not too good with the PFE though so be wary of that, soundwise, they are only bested by $1000 flagship iem`s. 

Feb 25, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #10 of 10
Where can you buy extra cables for the PFE 232. I rip a cable every 2-3 months or so.

They come with 2 cables. they do match your requirements coming from a past 232 owners pov. The will meet any headfiers needs imo. Word of caution, if you are very sensitive with high frequencies the treble will seem hot with the grey filters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back