Which Ipod Touch generation has the best sound quality?
Jul 16, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #2 of 10
I have the 4th-gen and it is quite nice....especially with the Equalizer app installed.

Jul 16, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #4 of 10
I have both a 3 and 4. The 3 is is better for me. The 4 is very articulate and has a lower output impedance but it's a bit cold in character. The EQ apps improve the sound when used as flat players. On the 3, the EQ apps don't sound quite as good as the stock player. The 3 has a better sense of harmonic structure and texture uncommon in DAPs. It could vary a bit for some users as the 3s output impedance is on the high side compared to the 4 but line or dig out, it's fairly obvious as to which is I prefer. All that said, the 4 is still a great player, especially with EQU as player.

Jul 16, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #7 of 10
It's actually kind of a biggie for those sensitive, multi BA IEMs like the TF10s. They can have some significant roll-offs depending on the player's output impedance. 

The best sounding Touches are the 3g and 4g, both of which are fairly close and not far behind the best sounding Ipods (IP4 followed by Classic 7G). 

Jul 16, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #8 of 10
My classic 7g 2009 sounds highly compromised through the hpo with any headphone that i have tried. The weakest on-board amp i have ever encountered in a dap. I'm so pissed off with this classic.

Jul 16, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #9 of 10
That's why I said generally as most will sound fine but it is something to consider and why I mentioned it in the first place. I prefer the touch 3 LO to any other Iphone/Ipod but I could see that not being the case for every IEM off the headphone out. I still mostly use my Fuze just because of size but it's definitely not as good. Everybody with a fuze should have a Phonak case with 2 zippers. One for a fuze and the other for your phones.
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back