Which one of these 3 is best?
Nov 30, 2011 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sheepo

New Head-Fier
Hello! Recently I received a 50 dollar Mac store (not iTunes) gift card. I figured 50 is too small to buy an apple product and my third pair of crappy apple buds in a month had went out so I decided to I would get some quality earbuds. I wanted some durable headphones so I went to the apple store but I didn't feel like I had enough information. I did a bunch of research online and found that there is no perfect set of earbuds for your needs, but I settled for these 3. The first 2 I can get from apple and they're 50-60 so I would be paying almost nothing but the third one isn't from apple so I'd have to pay 60 out of pocket, no gift card.

Ultimate ears 350vi

Skullcandy 50/50

Sony mdrex310lp

Which one of these do you think is best for me needs? I listen to all genres of music and listen to a lot of music but I'm not an audiophile. I also want them to be durable, preferably I would like to work out in them but I don't have to. Thanks!

p.s. If there were any over the ear headphones which fit my needs I would settle for that.

Nov 30, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #3 of 4
Heh, $50 for the Apple store is just a tease these days. My recommendation is to use the gift card for a microSD card, DVD-R discs, or something like that and get headphones somewhere else. Their selection is quite poor. You can spend under $50 on a Brainwavz or Meelec that will likely trump over half of Apple store offerings. But if you are dead set, and it has to be one of those three, I'd probably try the Sony's. 

Nov 30, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #4 of 4
The Sony EX310 are very good sounding (crisp, clear, wide open sound) and durable with fairly wide soundstage. The bass on EX310 is deep, rich and punchy(highly recommended).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back