Which ones should I get? Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, Sennheiser HD 598, or Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
Apr 23, 2015 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

timmmmehh

New Head-Fier
Hey, so I am an avid PC gamer, as well as a person who likes to listen to a lot of music. Recently, my Steelseries Siberia V2s broke on me and have read that I should be looking for professional headphones so I started looking around and doing some research and have decided between 3 different headphones:

1: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO (250 OHMS - currently $170)

2: Sennheiser HD 598  (currently $150)

3: Audio-Technica ATH-M50x (currently $160)

I do not have an amp, nor do I look to buy one, however if it is very necessary I will probably get one. What would suit me the best? I have heard that the 598s are very good, except are light on the bass which the 770s have more of. Im stumped, I cant make a decision.  

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #2 of 4
Do you know if you want open or closed cans? Open leak sound and tend to have a better soundstage and positional data, while closed leak much less or none and tend to have better bass. You have two closed cans (the DT770 and the M50x) and one open one (the 598) on your list. Do you need isolation, or would you prefer the larger soundstage of an open can? And the Beyer will definitely need an amp, just so you  know.

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #3 of 4
That is the problem, is that I cannot decide whether or not I want open or closed XD I have discovered that the M50x can hurt after a couple of hours of use, which is a problem since ill be using them for many hours at a time for gaming and what not. 

Based on the fact that I am going to need an amp for the 770s, I think that I might just go with the 598's. I probably will get an amp in the future for them though.

Apr 23, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #4 of 4
  That is the problem, is that I cannot decide whether or not I want open or closed XD I have discovered that the M50x can hurt after a couple of hours of use, which is a problem since ill be using them for many hours at a time for gaming and what not. 

Based on the fact that I am going to need an amp for the 770s, I think that I might just go with the 598's. I probably will get an amp in the future for them though.

In terms of comfort, the 598 is a King among pawns, IMHO. They are just a great can--I use mine all the time for a wide range of musical genres. I love them. Let us know how you like them once you've gotten used to them. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back