which setup costs more?
Apr 28, 2004 at 5:25 PM Post #2 of 13
LOL, this is a headphone forum.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Apr 28, 2004 at 5:51 PM Post #3 of 13
Crap. The poll question, and posted question are different. Speakers do cost more, but my headphone system is now worth more than my speaker system as I gave it to my dad. I selected speakers, but should have chosen headphone.

Trevor

Apr 28, 2004 at 5:56 PM Post #4 of 13
This is a real toughie, my speaker system cost more than any one of my headphone systems but add them up and that might change...

Apr 28, 2004 at 6:00 PM Post #5 of 13
My speaker rig cost more or less an equal amount of money to my headphone rig, although overall, apart from visceral bass performance, the headphone rig undoubtedly sounds better IMO, especially for music that lies outside my normal electronica.

Apr 28, 2004 at 6:26 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
This is a real toughie, my speaker system cost more than any one of my headphone systems but add them up and that might change...

you should definitely add them all up. I tend to think of my Beyer, Senn and Grado all as one big rollable setup
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2004 at 6:27 PM Post #8 of 13
Headphones, but that's because I don't own speakers yet since I don't have a room for them. But when I do get speakers they'll be worth about 10 times more than my headphone setup and be a million times better.

Apr 28, 2004 at 6:49 PM Post #9 of 13
My speaker system and my headphone system share the same source, cables and pre-amp. I'm sure if I had the money I could definately spend a lot more on a speaker rig than a headphone rig. CAN YOU SAY "NEARFIELD PIPEDREAMS"?
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2004 at 6:51 PM Post #10 of 13
Hven't put together a speaker system yet.

Apr 28, 2004 at 7:00 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by taoster
you should definitely add them all up. I tend to think of my Beyer, Senn and Grado all as one big rollable setup
biggrin.gif

Heh, but that gets really scary, it's much better for my serenity (and sanity) to not think of that...

Apr 28, 2004 at 7:03 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Heh, but that gets really scary, it's much better for my serenity (and sanity) to not think of that...

I've just read your profile.
You are right, a head-fier should never do math.
plainface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back