Why do I always have to pause my Windows music players twice?
Nov 8, 2021 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DeweyCH

Member of the Trade: Lithium Headphones
Hi all, weird, specific question... no matter what player I use in Windows (mostly Amazon and Tidal), I have to pause it twice to get it to actually pause. I click the pause button, it stops playing, then like half a second later it starts playing again until I click pause a second time. Occasionally it starts playing on its own after it's been paused for a bit.

Weirdness, and certainly nothing earth-shaking, but slightly annoying. Anyone have any experience with this kind of behavior?

Thanks!

Nov 9, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #2 of 4
If you're streaming through a web browser, it could be the browser needs updating, or simply try using a different one.

If you're using the standalone software version, which are likely based on simplified/modified web browser code anyway, then it could be something a bit more 'interesting'.

Sometimes VPNs can make media players behave in unexpected ways... anyway that's all I can think of without actually seeing the whole situation for myself.

As usual, make sure you've got all the latest windows updates and turn off all windows audio enhancements.

Nov 9, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #3 of 4
Ghosts.

Nov 9, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back