Why everyone should have a Grado as their 2nd headphone.
Jan 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #77 of 81
@streetdragon - I know, looks is not everything what a headphone sound. But with newer headphones coming out different styles, Grado just needs to take it to the next step.
There was an Electronic Expo store here which just liquidated lots of headphones including Grados, which I have to confess I did not bother to buy. Moreover when ever I see the boxes, I'm salivating for pizza

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #78 of 81
i agree on the looks, personally before i steampunk modded it, it looks really odd on my head
blink.gif
 like 2 frankenstien buldges of black on my head. 
i know my buddy hates the look of the MS1i (he uses grados as kind of an example/baseline of ugly looking headphones) though i say its not THAT bad (like the retro,just really plain and heavilly preference based)
rolleyes.gif

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #79 of 81
This is why Grado are the most polarizing headphone make on head-fi
people can argue about EVERYTHING on them. (not saying anyone here is)

I fell in love with their looks, and their sound.
Firstly their looks.
to me they look like they aren't trying to show how good they are. its like... oh god i don't know, i just melt at the sight of RS2i's.
They are of a sound so radical. you cannot help but smile when some songs come on... and lets be fair, grimace when others do. :wink:
A lot of people hate them here because they are different (among other reasons 
rolleyes.gif
) but that's why i love them. : >

Mar 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #81 of 81
Quote:

Still want the PS1000's, though ... or at least to hear them. Anyone in Houston,TX have a pair? Lets hook up for a pint and a listen yo!

:wink:

.joel

I hear ya, my brotha.  

My dealer in Austin does not have the PS1000 for audition.  Maybe just as well.
regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back