Why not to use Ontrac (Amazon)
Apr 20, 2011 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Mr.Sneis

Headphoneus Supremus
[size=small]I don’t know what’s wrong with these people, it’s like they are smoking crack whilst making deliveries or something.[/size]
[size=small]Last week I ordered a few Filco keyboards off of Amazon.  I had one to be delivered to my office, one to be delivered to my home.  Ontrac batted 0 for 2, it’s like a bad joke.  Guess I just have the worst luck/bad effin week.[/size]
[size=small]Here’s what happened for shipment #1 to the office – Filco Tenkeyless Brown keyboard[/size]
[size=small]Slated to be delivered on Thursday.  Well it never came.  I called late in the day asking WTH was going on.  Apparently the driver got a flat and couldn’t make it.  OK flats happen.  Friday rolls around.  A neighboring business is bringing the package to me, looks like it was delivered TO THE WRONG ADDRESS.  Had the neighbor not been kind enough to bring it over I definitely would have been screwed.  Glad to have gotten the package.  The address was clearly labeled as my office address by the way.  No typo.[/size]
[size=small]Here’s what happened for shipment #2 – Filco Tenkeyless Blue keyboard[/size]
[size=small]Long story short I ordered this one Friday afternoon and decided what the hell Ontrac can’t possibly screw up again.  The blue board was slated to be delivered today.  Well it too never came.  Status at around 8pm was still out for delivery.  I check back a few minutes ago and notice it says it was delivered to F DOOR at 7:06pm.  Well both I and my roommate have been home all freaking day, I’ve been watching the door like a hawk and they sure as hell never came by.  I got on Amazon chat and the rep (outsourced) had some nice copy and paste chat with me and will hopefully be sending a refund.[/size]
[size=small]Of course Amazon’s sold out of Filcos now so there’s no way I can order another one.[/size]
[size=small]I’m off to go type on my newly acquired broken Model M now.[/size]
[size=small]tl;dr[/size]
[size=small]OnTrac is a piece of garbage.  Don’t ship through OnTrac, PAY a premium for another form of shipping if/when possible.  [/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small] [/size]

Apr 21, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #3 of 6
When I order CDs on Amazon, it's usually delivered by Ontrac.  Never had problems with them. 

Apr 21, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #4 of 6
It's possible the driver(s) in your area are on smack. Seems like the issue wasn't getting to your local shipping centre on time, but the centre to your address delivery part.

I tend to think a lot of shipping companies are Satan, whether it be charging ridiculous brokerage fees, lying that a package was mislabeled (Canada Post pulled that twice in one year on me) or just a driver running a company's name through the mud.

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #6 of 6
Amazon has excellent customer service and has never failed me.  Contact them, and they'll make it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back