Will Comply foamies fit on the JVC FX67?
May 5, 2011 at 12:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

GanChan

500+ Head-Fier
I would like my JVC FX67 phones better if they isolated more. I know, for example, that Shure foamies give me a good seal, but they don't fit on the rather wide-bore barrels of the FX67 earpieces.

What other options do I have to boost the isolation on these guys? I've heard that Comply T-400 foamies will fit on the FX66, and they're available in multiple sizes. Are the FX66 and FX67 similar enough that a foamy that works on one would work on the other?

I know the JVCs are cheap enough that there's not much point in putting additional money into them, but I like tinkering with things....And if a better seal would encourage me to wear them once in a while, then hey.

May 5, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 2
FX66 and 67 should be close enough that the same S/T/TX series complies that fit on 66 will fit on 67. I read elsewhere that the FX67 has the same bore size as the ep series creative IEMs, which are compatible with S/T/TX. And I think the FX67 comes with marshmallow tips... if marshmallow tips fit, then T series complies should fit as well. I forgot, but I think the shure foams have a smaller bore than the comply T's, so you should be fine with T400s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back