Will I benefit from an E09k with my setup?
Mar 3, 2014 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Bobokun

New Head-Fier
Hi, I recently purchased a DT 880 Premium 250ohm headphones and I'm loving it. I also got an Fiio E17 with these pair of headphones and even with gain set to 6, the volume from 30-40 is loud enough for my ears. Will I benefit at all from purchasing an E09k if the E17 is loud enough? Other than volume will the E09k benefit in anything else? Also what is the best settings to set my E17 at (gain 0 and higher volume? Gain 12 with low volume? Or should I keep it at gain 6)

Thanks so much for your help!

Mar 3, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #2 of 2
  Hi, I recently purchased a DT 880 Premium 250ohm headphones and I'm loving it. I also got an Fiio E17 with these pair of headphones and even with gain set to 6, the volume from 30-40 is loud enough for my ears. Will I benefit at all from purchasing an E09k if the E17 is loud enough? Other than volume will the E09k benefit in anything else? Also what is the best settings to set my E17 at (gain 0 and higher volume? Gain 12 with low volume? Or should I keep it at gain 6)

I personally would just keep using the E17, i would think it's good enough on it's own.
For the gain setting on the E17, use which ever sounds better to your ears.
Technically, you would think with 250-Ohm headphones you would want the gain on high.
Low gain setting might(?) make the battery last a little longer (maybe).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back