Wired, over the ear, ANC headphones without Bluetooth?
Jun 16, 2022 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

iyiyi

New Head-Fier
Looking for options for over the ear noise canceling headphones that do NOT have Bluetooth at all. Hoping there are some currently being made but open to older models if not. Thanks!

Jun 16, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #2 of 11
I've seen some Sony and Logitech "Zone" headphones that have noise cancelling but are not Bluetooth. There should be others, too.

Jun 16, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #3 of 11
I've seen some Sony and Logitech "Zone" headphones that have noise cancelling but are not Bluetooth. There should be others, too.

Thanks. What are "zone" headphones? Are they wired? Really looking for old school wired headphones that have ANC.

It's honestly really strange to me that this doesn't seem to exist in modern headphones

Jun 16, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #4 of 11
Jun 16, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #5 of 11
If there aren't any current, regular ANC headphones on the market without bluetooth does anyone have any options for older models? Ideally Bose but open to anything. Thanks!

Jun 17, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #6 of 11
AKG N60NC.

They're discontinued but there's usually still plenty knocking about on ebay.

Just be aware that there's separate wired and wireless models but both use the same N60NC model name.

Jun 17, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #7 of 11
Those Logitech are not noise canceling headphones. They are headsets with a noise canceling microphone, when plugged into a computer. The noise canceling aspect is that it cancels noise that the boom mic would pick up, so whomever you're speaking with does not hear the noise around you. They do not actively cancel noise to the wearer's ears.

Jun 17, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #9 of 11
Those Logitech are not noise canceling headphones. They are headsets with a noise canceling microphone, when plugged into a computer. The noise canceling aspect is that it cancels noise that the boom mic would pick up, so whomever you're speaking with does not hear the noise around you. They do not actively cancel noise to the wearer's ears.
Ah thanks, my mistake

Jun 17, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #10 of 11
Thanks everybody!
Is there a reason that everything is completely bluetooth these days? Is there no longer a market for people who prefer wired audio?
Seems strange there isn't a single noise cancelling set that is currently on the market (new) without bluetooth

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #11 of 11
It's all about convenience on the go, and mainstream consumers love not dealing with cables. I'm not 100% sure, but the Sony WH1000 series also have the ability to be used with a cable, but I don't know if you can just turn on the NC without using Bluetooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back