Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Dec 6, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #23,431 of 42,298
Congrats, Instrumental!
beerchug.gif

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #23,433 of 42,298
This was a very wise decision, keep your fingers from this crap, it would only lead to never-ending problems. Now goes your hard earned money to PS Audio Inc. in Boulder, Colorado, a reliable company with good service. :cool:

Why do you think that the Sabre D18 is crap?

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #23,434 of 42,298
I was wondering the same thing, but wasn't sure what AcousticDreams meant.
Quote:

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #23,435 of 42,298
I know it's the wrong thread to discuss that topic. But i haven't found any bad reviews of the D18 so far, besides someome who needs something more neutral for his studio working.

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #23,437 of 42,298

I have Yulong blacklisted because of the missing quality control and also for the lack of standards in manufacturing and the general working conditions. Be warned, this is typical for the Chinese market as a whole! The result is a high rate of complaints from customers all over the world, mostly from the west.

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #23,438 of 42,298
I have never heard of a Yulong Sabre D18 having any issues whatsoever. Grant Fidelity is a U.S. company with outstanding customer service and support (by all accounts I have ever seen including my experience), and hold their manufacturers responsible and warranty issues go through them. I think this type of business model is the way to in the near future. That being said, I wouldn't feel as comfortable dealing with Chinese manufacturers directly.

Have you had specific issues with Yulong since they have partnered through Grant Fidelity such as with the D18 or A18? Or you just lumping him and Grant Fidelity in with your impressions of China audio manufacturers? I have never heard of an issue, and would like to make sure we aren't unfairly giving people false impressions.
Quote:
I have Yulong blacklisted because of the missing quality control and also for the lack of standards in manufacturing and the general working conditions. Be warned, this is typical for the Chinese market as a whole!

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #23,439 of 42,298
@ Sid-Fi
I'm not talking about traders, the mentioned problems come from the manufacturers only. The traders all together want to sell what ever they can, but that's another story. No, I really don't want for people to be victims of an industry that is run by corrupt criminals.

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #23,440 of 42,298
I get that, and I'm definitely not wanting to argue or anything like that. I just want to know what issues you have had. You mentioned Yulong in particular, but all of your comments have been stereotypical Chinese manufacturing comments. I'm trying to separate the two with some facts about Yulong in particular. If you had something from them fall apart, what was it? If not, just clarify that you wouldn't trust Chinese manufacturing in general but don't have any direct experience with Yulong. My two cents at least...
Quote:
@ Sid-Fi
I'm not talking about traders, the mentioned problems come from the manufacturers only. The traders all together want to sell what ever they can, but that's another story. No, I really don't want for people to be victims of an industry that is run by corrupt criminals.

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #23,441 of 42,298
Well... In the last two years my image of china or chinese products rapidly changed. Hell, what is not from China today?

Almost everything i adore so much is made in china or at least from the asian region. And i'm a truely demanding customer who's not forgiving faults in design, quality control or anything else. Just to name a few top notch products i own:

- 5 Emotiva UPA-1 Monoblocks (great value)
- oppo BDP-93EU (superb product and design, absolutely astonishing)
- ONKYO PR-SC5509 (best surround prepro at it's price and way beyond up to about 8'000$)
- iBasso DX100 (best portable sound so far)
- Heir Audio 8.A CIEM's (TOP NOTCH QUALITY)
- WooAudio WA2 (US product, but an asian family business)

Just to name a few... And in general i felt very well doing business in Asia. Service is usually great, shipmemt is fast (at least to switzerland) and people are very kind. They also got onto the train of "build/look/feel quality" what the western world is looking for.

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #23,442 of 42,298
Well, i think it's time to get back to topic. This is leading nowhere here....

Received my WA2 on Tuesday. What a packaging, just great. WA2 is absolutely astonishing in look, feel and build quality. I didn't take a lot of time to "actually" hear what just had arrived in my life. The Combination with the T1 is just gorgeous, it's simply amazing!! And i even don't have a dedicated DAC at the moment, just running through the RCA Outs of my Xonar Essence STX. it realy managed to touch my soul! :)

Got some excellent tube's on it's way to me and will probably pull the trigger on the mentioned Yulong D18!

...exciting times! :)

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #23,443 of 42,298
The eagle has landed.

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #23,444 of 42,298

Users who are viewing this thread

Back