Woo Audio WA23.....
Jan 25, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #442 of 516
Power output for Susvara is pretty much debunked. Both WA23 and 465 aren't powerhouses yet drives the Susvara better than most 10W+ amps out there.

Jan 26, 2024 at 12:10 AM Post #444 of 516
It’s not just about power. Current is also a factor.
Well, power is just a different expression of current as, P = V x I. For a specific loudness, Susvara will be drawing the same current from any amp you drive it from. But why it sounds more authoritative and well driven on some amps versus the rest is the question. I know people have had great results driving it from good speaker amps. But then we’ve also seen some low power amps drive it well. So it is not always about the sheer power output. But then we’ve also seen some low-ish power amps that drive HPs like Utopia well, not do well with the Susvara. So perhaps having some power on reserve does have a bearing.

So I wonder if it has to do with a combination of reserve power, the quality of the power delivery and the quality of the amp.

Jan 31, 2024 at 11:57 PM Post #445 of 516
That’s awesome! You definitely need to hear this with the Susvara. I was worried I would not get the same amount of dynamic impact from the WA23 as I did with the Oor, but that was QUICKLY proven wrong. The Ferrum Oor might just become irrelevant with this amp now!
I'm with you. I bought the ORR first and then the WA23. The ORR is not getting much use....

Feb 1, 2024 at 12:00 AM Post #446 of 516
I'm with you. I bought the ORR first and then the WA23. The ORR is not getting much use....

Yep, tonight I just disconnected my Oor. lol

It maybe temporary, though, but the WA23 is truly something special.

Feb 1, 2024 at 8:50 AM Post #449 of 516
Yep, tonight I just disconnected my Oor. lol

It maybe temporary, though, but the WA23 is truly something special.
Have you tried the Wa23 as a pre-amp into the ORR? I figure I might as well try that since I can, although IIRC Acoustic Matt tried it and said it was weird.

Feb 1, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #450 of 516
I would second this exact ranking. Though the gap between 465 and the other two isn't small.
Garak, can you describe the May pairing with the Sus and Luna? The May sounds very interesting to me and if I understand is different from the Chord sound. No complaints on the Qutest so far, and veterans is encouraging me to go up the Chord stack.

How's the winter treating you? We lived in Sammamish for 6 years and this was always the tough time of year for me. It's still 5 months until July!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back