Worth the upgrade?
Aug 13, 2014 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

TremendousTiger

New Head-Fier
I have owned some Beyerdynamic custom one pros for a little over a year now. They are the first headphones I have owned, and while I really like them I was wondering if a more expensive pair would be worth it. I have been looking at the sennheiser momentums, but I really don't know too much about good headphones. I'd like to spend around $300, and I listen to a lot of rock, hip hop, and alternative. Would there be a big difference in quality, and what would be some recommended headphones?

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #2 of 9
What are you currently using to drive your headphones?

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #4 of 9
Momentum probably is kind of a sidegrade (while still being a small upgrade) when compared to COP. With momentum you get little brighter and slightly more neutral sound while still being warm signature. Momentum is also more compact but probably less comfortable for some (smaller earcup size but better padding material). Is there something you don't like about COP that makes you want to upgrade? What kind of sound are you looking for?  

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #5 of 9
They are the only headphones I've had and I think they sound good. They are a little big maybe. I was just wondering how much better a slightly more expensive headphone is and if it's worth it. I'm not an audiophile, I just listen to a lot of music and videos. The v moda m100's were another pair I was considering.

Aug 14, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #6 of 9
For your music and comfort, Momentum would be a downgrade. M100 with XL pads would be something of an upgrade.

PS I like your name. Get a tiger avatar to go with it. :smile:

Aug 15, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #9 of 9
Would they be worth getting if I already have headphones? Also are there any other headphones I should look at?

I think you can get more of an upgrade for the money than M100, given where you're already coming from. So have a look at the ZMFs. Like the other Fostex mods, they're not quite so isolating as fully closed (85-90% though). Everyone should try a planar at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back