Would a K1000 work for a guy with a small-sized head?
Mar 7, 2005 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dcguy73

Formerly known as dc_guy
How is the fit on the K1000 for people with small heads? I have been lusting over this headphone for months but have been afraid to pick it up due to my experience with the W1000.

I have the W1000 and I really don't find the fit comfortable -- I don't like the way it "floats" on your head with the springy pads, which feels like it puts more pressure on my neck -- much prefer the fit of my Senn 650s or Sony MDR SA5000s, which some people find to be "head crushing", but I find to fit just right.

Thanks for weighing in on this. The comfort factor is important to me.

Marc

Mar 9, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #2 of 6
I'm unfamiliar with the W1000 you mention, but I personally find the K-1000s to be very comfortable--*much* more so than the Grados I had been using for umpteen years. Don't know as my head is small, per se, but it is rather narrow. The fit is just fine.

Mar 9, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #4 of 6
K1000's are no problem at all for people with small heads, except that they can flop around when you move your head from side to side quickly. There are just two small points of contact where the pads touch your temples, so they tend to pivot a little if they are too loose, so you can get this sense like you would if you were trying to carry something on your head with no hands. The easy solution is to gently 'coach' the orange metal headband inward (or outward in my case because I have a big, wide head) until the pads are applying just enough pressure to your temples to keep the K1000's firmly in place, but not so much pressure that it creates discomfort. So as compared to any pair of headphones I can think of, the K1000's are truly "one size fits all."

Mar 9, 2005 at 4:24 AM Post #5 of 6
I have some problems with mine...sometimes it's hard to get them into that "just right" position. The good news is that it's because I have a rather large head. I'm thinking that you'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back