Would HD600's be an upgrade from AD900's to a man who mostly uses them for gaming and bass-light music?
Mar 29, 2013 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Acknown3

Head-Fier
Hey guys. I've been looking around eBay recently and saw that I could get some barely-used HD600's for roughly $300. If I were to get these, I would have to sell my AD900's (maybe for $140), so I can only keep one or the other. Thing is, the AD900's are praised for their huge soundstage, which is awesome for gaming. I'd say that I spend about 60% of the time gaming. I've heard that the HD600's are also fairly good for soundstage. Just not as good. In this respect, would the AD900's actually be better for gaming?

As for music, I listen to a lot of acoustic, ambient, symphonic metal, and the occasional trance (more of the former two). I prefer the experience of being able to hear each individual instrument and picking them out rather than "feeling" them in bassy cans (I tried M50's and absolutely despised them). However, many people call the HD600's the jack of all trades, and because I haven't personally heard them, I can't tell if I would like them or not.

To anyone who has owned or at least tried out both of these cans, what do you think of them comparatively?

Edit: If I were to wait a little longer and could purchase new headphones without selling my AD900's, would it be more advantageous to get the HD650's instead, since they're a little more towards the other side of the spectrum and would give me a reason to use both headphones still?

Mar 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 3
you can get a hd 600 brandnew for 300$ at razordogaudio. just use the coupon code razordog100

also you need an amp for hd 600.

i haven't heard the ad 900

Users who are viewing this thread

Back