Would using a headphone cable extender reduce quality?
Mar 30, 2023 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

matthewh133

Headphoneus Supremus
I want to use an extension cable from my amp and mount it under my desk so I can plug my headphones in at the end of my desk. I hate the aesthetic element of a headphone cable going all the way across my desk. Would this reduce audio quality, or should I be good? Any way to tell what is a decent quality cable and what's a bad one, or a reputable brand that may make something like this?

Mar 30, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #2 of 6
What headphones/cables are you specifically looking to extend? And from which amp?

Mar 30, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #4 of 6
Mar 31, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #6 of 6
Would this reduce audio quality, or should I be good?
It would reduce the audio quality AND you should be good!

The audio quality would be reduced but by such a minuscule amount that it would be below the ability of your HPs to reproduce that difference. IE. No difference in the actual sound produced. This assumes of course the extension cable isn’t faulty/the wrong type.
Any way to tell what is a decent quality cable and what's a bad one, or a reputable brand that may make something like this?
Any decent cable will do the trick, Blue Jeans, Amazon, etc. You could go for an expensive audiophile extension of course, it still won’t affect/change the sound (unless it’s faulty/the wrong type) but it may affect your perception of it.

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back